Robosapien v2 wire repairs

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
projectnova0
projectnova0's picture
Robosapien v2 wire repairs

Hello if anyone can help my robosapien v2s wires and motors need replacing please check my youtube video of it my username is projectnova0

Scott95
Scott95's picture

Motors you can get from a hobby store or buy a V2 for parts from Ebay. The wiring that runs to the legs in all V2's dry rot's. You will have to completely take your V2 apart and remove the bad wiring and replace it. I went to radio shack to get the wiring I needed to rewirer my V2.

nomad
nomad's picture

how is the repair doing.

Scott95
Scott95's picture

I have the rewriting done, it took me a little under a week just putting about an hour or less a day, but when the wires crossed it burnt out some components so when I get some time I will work on replacing them.

nomad
nomad's picture

great to hear.whits parts need to be changed?

Scott95
Scott95's picture

Don't know just yet still looking.

nomad
nomad's picture

okat.i have many dc motors and some parts.you can have for free.dont need them.

projectnova0
projectnova0's picture

If I send someone my v2 could they repair it for a fee?

nomad
nomad's picture

first make a video so we all can see whats happiening.i will post it here for you.

nomad
nomad's picture

where are you from whits country.

nomad
nomad's picture

3 musketeers are back.
projectnova0 i will post your video here.

sleepy0905
sleepy0905's picture

Got my robot rewired with all new wiring and new crimp terminals so now looks as good as new except the wires are of a far higher quality and he works really well.

nomad
nomad's picture

great job well done.

Latetothegame
Latetothegame's picture

I have a bot that I've just re-wired. It's been working fine since but now has developed a sharp clicking or snapping in the neck when turning its head left or right and also when opening and closing his hands. I've looked on other threads and it seems it might be broken teeth on cogs? It happens within his normal range of movement. just wondered if you had any info and if it is that, how do I get to them and do you still have spares I could buy perhaps?  Thanks