Assistance required- connecting issues

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Xraybroadcaster
Xraybroadcaster's picture
Assistance required- connecting issues

Greetings, roboteers! I recently acquired a "new" Rovio and can't get it going. (Ebay trickery- poor rovio is dusty, the dock looks like it had been out for years)I would, however, like to see it in action before I return it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated! -power seems fine- batteries charge, and power indicator is constant green.-WIFI signal broadcasts stable and strong- picked up by both PC and Iphone 5.-I have done a hard reset- led blinked red-orange-green to confirm.-I've removed the battery for 5 minutes, just to make sure any RAM is cleared too.-the USB connection cable is missing, I have win7 64bit so it'd be pointless anyway.   I can see ROVIO-WOWEE wifi signal on my PC's wireless connections list.  I then open my browser (unholy Internet explorer) and enter 192.168.10.18, but a connection cannot be made.  The very same thing happens on the Iphone 5. I'm at a bit of a dead end here- I'm no expert on networking alas.  I'm guessing either:-the hard reset did not work, and the rovio still has custom connection data stored, or a username and password.-There's something wrong with Rovio's hardware-I'm being an idiot and am missing something.  I'd be deeply thankful for any advice.  It'd be grand if I could get it going before I need to return it.  ( and thus possibly negotiate a deal)  I've got until next weekend roughly.  Whatever happens, I'll keep you guys informed.

Xraybroadcaster
Xraybroadcaster's picture

Double post- please ignore. Delete at will. (Silly website issues!)