slboat rovio compatible beacon going

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
slboat_bedel
slboat_bedel's picture
slboat rovio compatible beacon going

anyway,i think this a bad idea,the first id i write what happen here has be block,i think to put it out is not good idea,for me,the reason why i doing it,it's because i cant buy any trackbeacon in anywhere,that's sad,so i make the beacon mostly for my self,but some reason,a lot guy like it too,so im make some of them,and after one month,it's finial be done,it's not easy in anyway.

so if i offend any the forum's rule,im sorry,now im just post the beacon look like,and work like.

slboat_bedel
slboat_bedel's picture

slboat_bedel
slboat_bedel's picture

that's the final work.

the project im put in my site:
http://www.sl088.com/voyage/2012/11/11794.slboat

for the admin,if i destroy any rule in this forum,plz just let me know first,i dont understand to delete all i post,and what's reason or what i done.

have fun in rovio:)

slboat_bedel
slboat_bedel's picture

i make a video to show the beacon how it work:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDgwMjc0MjAw.html

vinnie
vinnie's picture

I want to ask a few Questions:

- how did you select the IR LED? What is the distance recommended for mounting it to a wall? How far away from the ceiling should it be?

- Are you offing to sell these more than one at a time? I'd like to buy 3 or maybe 4 depending on the price you can provide.

Thank you very much!

slboat_bedel
slboat_bedel's picture

vinnie said: I want to ask a few Questions: - how did you select the IR LED? What is the distance recommended for mounting it to a wall? How far away from the ceiling should it be? - Are you offing to sell these more than one at a time? I'd like to buy 3 or maybe 4 depending on the price you can provide. Thank you very much!

hi vinnie i chooice a ir383 ir led,the important thing is not the ir led,it's the frequency accuracy if really important,my ceiling is 3-4m,it's had a very strong sign.

we only have about 12-13 pcs not yet sent.

slboat_bedel
slboat_bedel's picture

How To Use It

1. connect any usb power with micro usb cable
now everything is work just fine,rovio can dectet it.
2. if you need change the room id,just push the room button once,it switch form #0 to #9.
3. if you wana switch the 50HZ\60HZ,just keep push the room button like for 20second,when the all light are light up,now relase,the 60HZ system led will light up or light off,so you can see you r now 50hz,or 60hz.
4.the night mode,if you use it in your room,you dont wana it light up in the night,let's say it bad for sleep,so you just,push the button first then connect to the power,so now the all led with flash like 5 times,so now you know you are in the night mode now.
5.more trick?just keep the room button,you will found it,most just for fun:)

kakemann
kakemann's picture

Hi,
I'm interested in these beacons. I have 2 questions:

1: Will it be possible to "build" some plastic housing around the beacon and drill holes for the button and the led's?
It doesn't look too good to have these circuit boards placed in the ceiling.

2: Have anyone tried SLboats beacons yet?

Thank you

vinnie
vinnie's picture