I am pretty new to Rovio and was searching for an iPhone app. It looks like the available apps are kind of outdated so I did my own and "Rovio Control" just hit the App Store.
I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to configure and use it. For example: since most users are lost after setting up Rovio for infrastructure wifi, the app will scan your lokal network for it on the first start. In most cases you do not need to hassle around with IP Addresses. I also striped down most settings options to "low", "med" and "high".
- Full auto configuration in your network or in ad hoc mode. Don't hassle around with IP addresses.
- Supports different setting profiles for local network / public access.
- Always know the status of your Rovio: docked, roaming, going home, executing path, recording path.
- Take photos with a tap of a button.
- Easy to use joystick control movement in 8 directions.
- Let Rovio talk: send funny audio files to your Rovio.
- Set home location, enable / disable IR Radar, reboot Rovio and more!
- Shows strength of navigation signal and wifi.
- Allows adjusting camera position quickly.
- Guard mode.
- Turn on / off LED light.
- Shows battery status.
- All graphics are optimized for the retina display.
- Since version 1.3 it's also optimized for the bigger iPhone 5 screen.
Get more informations from: http://www.digitalsirup.com/apps/app_roviocontrol.html (EDIT: fixed link)
I recommend to use the latest firmware (v5.03) on your Rovio.