OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1013680.0
January 14, 2012 07:22 PM

Categories: RS Media

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

nomad

hi all does any body have pictures of the bluetooth chip solder on the circuitboard.

from rsm.thank you

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 23 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

January 15, 2012 12:01 AM

Hi Nomad
Check on Page 3 for the connection for this bluetooth
http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/18008/-RS-Media-Control-Station-sof...

Regards Curtainmaker

January 15, 2012 2:54 PM

hi curtainmaker.i finally got the bluetooth chip.thanks

January 15, 2012 3:06 PM

hi igot this one-- state

rxd

txd

gnd

vcc

key

bt-board v1.02           jy-mcu

January 18, 2012 9:00 AM

I ordered the same bluetooth chip. I'm not sure what VCC stands for? Is this the terminal we conect for the 3.3v power?

Thanks
Mike

January 18, 2012 9:04 AM

hi the 3.3 is the vcc and go's on number 1
thanks mike

January 18, 2012 10:23 AM

hi mike do you have the conection bluetooth found.i did'n find mine,
and i need some help.if you got the time.thx

January 18, 2012 12:45 PM

VCC IS the power connection to the 3.3v #1 pad .

January 19, 2012 3:24 AM

Hi Nomad

On my website I have put some detailed instruction to add the serial hack for the bluetooth chip. The info is on the help page at www.themadrobot.talktalk.net

Note: I am still doing work on the my site and the notes for the serial hack but the info currently on my site will get you up and running with the serial hack.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Gerber

Go to my website to download the latest version of the RS Media Control Station software www.TheMadRobot.talktalk.net

January 20, 2012 8:00 PM

Nomad still waiting for chip to arrive, by your pic we ordered the same one. I'll let you know my progress when it arrives.

Mike

January 21, 2012 10:38 PM

hello mike i have more pic if you want.here's a tip.if you got the chip,
use the wire on the side from the 4 seperate ones,not the hole conecter.
when you solder it in and mist like me ,you can swiths easly the wires.

hello gerber thank you for the info.i get a lot help from freddy and guy's here.
i have the com port and the 115200 and pairing reddy so far.

nomad

January 31, 2012 8:00 AM

Nomad, Success the bluetooth works great with Gerbers software and the serial hack instructions on his website. I am using Win7 and I can't seem to connect via IP address it only works with COM port. I tried the terminal console instructions for it's creation, but it's written for XP and I can't even find the network setup in win7. Has anyone been successfull in win7? Anyway i'll keep trying thanks again Gerber and helbot for your help.

Mike

January 31, 2012 10:43 AM updated: January 31, 2012 11:01 AM

Hi Mike 

Myself and FreddyA connect via IP connection in Windows 7. One question is your RSM on firmware V2. If not you will need to upgrade your RSM firmware to V2 as you can't connect via ip address on a RSM with firmware V1.Below is helibots instruction and the file you will need to upgrade your bot from firmware V1 to V2:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rsmediadevkit/files/RSM%20Firmware/UpgradeRSMV1toRSMV2_rev1.01.zip/download

If you have already done the upgrade and are still have problems connecting via IP address I will dig out the notes I made to setup the IP connection to the robot in windows 7. Let me know if you need this info and I will upload it to my website(You'll just have to give me a few days as I will need to tidy up the instruction before uploading them to my website)

Go to my website to download the latest version of the RS Media Control Station software www.TheMadRobot.talktalk.net

January 31, 2012 2:36 PM

Gerber, Yes the robot is version2. Yes I would love this information. But I was wondering is there a difference between the 2 connections COM port / IP are there any benifits to the ip connection?

Thanks again
Mike

January 31, 2012 3:29 PM

Howdy there Michael Walsh long time member. If I may respond to your question to Gerber. Moving from the simple com port connection to a TCP/IP connection is like night and day. With an advanced connection allows to open multiple console windows. That in itself blows to dust a simple com port connection. Adding to that you can manage the files on the SD card in a drag and drop environment. To top it off, with an IP connection you can access the web server running on the robot for endless possibilities. Night and Day.

I see you were also sucked in to the RS Media human slave drive willingly among the first elite. Welcome to the Wireless RS Media Club. You don't really choose to be a member, they choose for you.

Freddy

January 31, 2012 4:40 PM

Thanks for the reply FreddyA, I didn't realise the benifits of the ip connection. I thought the bluetooth set up was great. I look forward to upgrading and exploring. I love this website everytime I try the hacks and mods it's like unboxing the RS for the first time. I will inform of my progress, thanks all.

Mike

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 23 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window