PROBLEM WITH Cinemin Swivel,

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
species
species's picture
PROBLEM WITH Cinemin Swivel,

Continuation has the purchase of a cinemin swivel, I have a problem:
When I switch on the pico connected to an ipod, an image is projected with the cinemin logo; but two seconds after, nothing more no projection or  light which goes out of the device.
By looking the lens I has fault sees a small light at the bottom of the device

shardy
shardy's picture

If the orange intro screen appears, that's a good sign. It will normally only appear for about two seconds and seeing it means that your Swivel's projector works fine.

The issue is likely either a loose connection with your playing device, or you've not pressed play on your playing device (eg. photos must be played as slideshow), or the app you're using was not developed with TV-out functionality.

Hope that helps.

species
species's picture

but why when I connect the Cinemin has an iphone or ipod it does not work, and it works with a PSP

TampaBay Lawyer
TampaBay Lawyer's picture

My Swivel does the same thing. It only turns on for two seconds, then shuts off. It will not display my iphone, ipad, or MacBook Air. Any advice?

Ferry Hartono
Ferry Hartono's picture

I have exactly the same problem. It doesn't work. It only shows the orange swivel scene at the beginning and than a blank screen with dim blue light from the lens. Whether it is connected with iPad, iPod Touch, or Laptop (yes, I even bought the optional VGA connector), nothing shows up. There is only sound from the speaker, so I'm sure it is connected. No pictures, whatsoever.

lorena
lorena's picture

Same problem...has never worked, even with all of the recommended adjustments...flawed technology. I considered the slice then decided not worth it if I can't get swivel to work. Can someone help us!!!

lorena
lorena's picture

It worked...i connected to my ipod, played and yes...a thanksgiving miracle.

Ferry Hartono
Ferry Hartono's picture

Dear all,

I had the same problem, over and over again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. However, it is resolved now since I change the cable. Most probably, there is a flaw in the cable. I suggest you to try changing the 3.5mm to 3.5mm av cable with the other one. You can find it in amazon. They sell it for about 14 bucks. Please tell me if it works in your case, too.

santiagi
santiagi's picture

i heave same problem and now make buzzing noise please heeeelp

Lionwolfcub
Lionwolfcub's picture

Have had Cinemin for a few months. All a sudden the same problem as is described here: The orange intro screen is projected with the cinemin logo; but two seconds after, nothing more no projection

I get sounds through the cinemin but no picture. After plugging-and un-plugging a few dozen times, it might work 50% of the time but its very arduous and not reliable... so the other half of the time i simply get no picture

Tried to contact support but have had no response. Tried contacting support again 2 months later, again no response...

Tried buying a new 3.5mm cable and found that the Cinemin cable had 3 black rings on the metal tip, wheras the one i had purchased only had 2 rings. No success. Purchased another 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and this time ensuring it had 3 rings and suitable for video -again no success-

If anyone has been able to solve this problem and can post it here i can assure you will receive some good karma from it and i'd appreciate some helP!

If anyone is considering buying this projector, i suggest you be wary because i have found several different forums online with people having the same problem. Until Wowee (the company that makes the Swivel) can respond to this, which is obviously a recurring problem and then leaving customers in the lurch- people should not buy this product

vas
vas's picture

I have the same problem, I have bought a new cable but still the same problem. It works fine with my camera or dvd player NTSC, but when I add the iphone adapter it plays only audio, no video. I have installed a new tv-out for iphone, but still the same problem. I have brushed the connectors, still same. I think the problem is in ithe iphone adapter or a bug in its system...hope anyone will answer this....

Regis
Regis's picture

Bought mine used but, it gave me the same problem with just no display when I connected my xbox. I swapped the batteries with another used swivel and it worked. I'm assuming the power supply has a weakness.

luisarivera
luisarivera's picture

I was watching a movie with the projector and I started to see many small points in the wall, many are blacks others are very small points of light, now I can't see the movie because these points interfere with the image, Any suggestion?

luisarivera
luisarivera's picture

I was watchnig a movie and I started to see some very small points of lights and others back points in the wall, now I can't see the movie because all these ponts interfere with the projector images. I cleaned the projector lens but nothing works. Any suggestion?