"RS Media Control Station" software

258 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tropper71
Tropper71's picture

Hi

it`s not possible to download this per link! Cry Message "Website not found"!

Where and how can I download this software? Somebody can help me?

Cheers

Robostuff
Robostuff's picture

Google sourceforge rs media control station, you should see the v4 link there

Robostuff
Robostuff's picture

Scratch that, I tried that file in 2 different computers running xp and Vista, it crashes

Tropper71
Tropper71's picture

Yes, same difference I can confirm that! V4 not running Windows7!

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi guys, been running v4 on win7 for a while. You may need some dependency such as .net. I think also skype needs to be installed and allowed to interact with v4. I'm sure Gerber will get you up and running!
Freddy

Tropper71
Tropper71's picture

Skype is installed! Hm... "allowed to interact " maybe that is my problem?!
Must look and then I give a report!

Tropper71
Tropper71's picture

No, no function! After installation icon on desktop but no program start then I click this!

Robostuff
Robostuff's picture

Same. I installed on XP laptop, after I click on setup it does the check and downloads a new .net version. Upon completion it says it encountered a problem and shuts down. Installed on Windows Vista laptop, and shortly after clicking setup it does the same thing, encounters problem and shuts down, yet it puts an icon on the desktops to start the program, which doesn't work

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi All

Sorry I didn't get back to you all earlier.  Had a bit of a leak on one of my radiators on Friday and spent most of yesturday doing some urgent plumbing.
I was messing around with the setting in my website the other day and didnt realise O had accidently deleted the RS Media Control Station download link sorry.

If you downloaded the version of the RS Media Control Station(v4b11) I put on sourceforge that version was a beta version and I meant to remove it a from sourceforge  before christmas which I have now done.
I have now sort the the download link on my website but alternatively here is a link to download the software directly http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57061149/RSMedia%20stuff/RSMCS%20install%28V4.0%29.zip
I am in the progress of add load of stuff to do with the RS Media and should have it done in the next few weeks. so will keep you all posted. What you can expect on the site will be:
  • Download page - containing all the RS Media software I have created, Personality for the RS media, Apps and utilities for the robot
  • A Forum and online live chatroom
  • A detailed description of each of the ideas I have planned for the RS Media Control station and other projects
  • Links to other robot related websites
  • Links to free useful software

Oh yes I have included a instruction in the install files for the software which is important to be read to help you install the software, this info is also avalaible on the help page of my website.

If you have any problems let me know.
Cheers
Gerber
Tropper71
Tropper71's picture

Fine software is running, thanks gerber for that nice program! :-)

gerber
gerber's picture

Thanks Topper71

Glad you like it lots more to be added to it for future releases. But for the moment I will just concentrate getting my website up and running properly.

Tropper71
Tropper71's picture

There are not many of sides or communities witch to address with mods, hacks or projects for RS Media. In the German speaking part you don`t find adequate information! I'm happy to find this community and your side in the web!

give my regards to all
Tropper71

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi

Haven't made a post about my software developments for a while sorry as I have been really busy doing Major DIY home improvements since Christmas and haven't had much time to mess around with my bots.

The other night was the first time I got back to software development and over the last week I started playing around with developing my multibot control for the RS Media which if you read back on this thread I had nearly completed in April 2011. Unfortunately I have slept since then and have forgot how I managed to do it, so desided to started to write it again and will incorporate it into the next version on the RS Media control station.(This feature will only be useful to people like myself who have more than one RS media)

I've also managed to spend a bit of time on my RSMCS andriod app which I released a beta version of last year on my website. I am hoping to release a non beta version of this app sometime later this year which will be available to download Free from the Andriod App market.

Another thing I am very keen to do is to get hold of a Raspberry PI board so I can develop an app for it to control my robots. Unfortunately currently the board is impossible to get hold of other than the ones on ebay which are way over priced. The board is £19 and is amazing from what I have seen on a friend of mine who has managed to get hold of one (The lucky twonk, I'm Jealous) When I do eventually get my hands on a Raspberry PI my plans are to replace the crapy RS media remote with a custom control I will make using the Raspberry PI board and a version of my RSMCS running on it.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi Gerber, nice to know you're working on the rsmcs and android version. I use your pc software every day and keep my rsm connected with time and alarms updated using the console, sd file transfers, body control and speeking my skype messeges. It's been very useful program! thanks and keep up the great work.

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi

Haven't been on this site for quite a while. Just a quick post to let you know I've stopped work on the PC version of the RSMCS software sorry to say so there won't be any updates on that side of things. The good news is from now on I will be working on the Android version which in the end will have many more features than the PC version. I am planning to start work on the new Android version of the RSMCS sometime later this year.

I have revamped my website. The main link to the site www.themadrobot.talktalk.net 
For everything RS Media related visit  www.themadrobot.talktalk.net\rsmedia.html

To keep up todate with the the RS Media projects I am working on and all the other projects I am working on please visit my web site

Cheers
Gareth Haylings 

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi Gerber, thats some sad news. I just LOVE the features in rsmcsv4 really usefull and fun. Will your android version be as fully featured or are you leaving out some cool stuff like Skype messeging and control, ftp server and I.P. connections?

gerber
gerber's picture

No worries Freddy The Android version will have all the feature for RSMCSv4 (FTP, IP Connection, RSM Remote access,etc) and much more than is currently in the PC Version.

RSM Remote access won't need to use Skype I will have a more direct route over the internet network.

The reason for moving away from the PC version is that it is much easier and quick to create apps than it is to write windows software.

Recently I got involved with write and modify a program language for write Android apps (App Inventor). This mean I can now can the way App Inventor as a program language so it's customized for programming the RS Media easily. I am still currently working of the source code for the programming Language and that's why I won't be starting work the new RSMCS Android app until later this year.

Pages