Steampunk Polly the robot parrot by Toy Quest
idrum289
idrum289's picture

Nice one!

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

Nice! Hope, it still works?

Is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEAMPUNK-STEAM-PUNK-VICTORIAN-ROBOT-I-CYBIE-ICYBIE-...
your creation too?

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

This is very cool.  It conjures up images of Bubo from Clash of the Titans:

ElectronicsGenius
ElectronicsGenius's picture

Shai Alyt NEMO said: Nice! Hope, it still works? Is this: http://cgi.ebay.com/STEAMPUNK-STEAM-PUNK-VICTORIAN-ROBOT-I-CYBIE-ICYBIE-/2206... your creation too?

heh yea, thats me Laughing

and yea, it still works, i taped off all the IR and LED windows before painting.

ElectronicsGenius
ElectronicsGenius's picture

Peter Redmer said: This is very cool.  It conjures up images of Bubo from Clash of the Titans: 

yes i remember wanting one so bad when that movie first came out... it looked like real robot owl.

back then, that was state of the art special effects hehe

when i saw this on ebay for $8+3shipping, i knew i had to buy and paint it:) not many others of them around.

robopizza
robopizza's picture

Hello ElectronicGenious,

Nice work, your painted bots are very attractive.

Here is a little special effects clip of the epic robot battle between K-9 and the Polyphase Avitron robot parrot.

Timeless stuff, as enjoyable now as it was thirty-five years ago:

Cheers

countrygirldontcry88
countrygirldontcry88's picture

interested in buying another one? lol i have one im trying to sell, works great!

Skeetarus
Skeetarus's picture

Country girl - still looking to sell one?

Zanaith
Zanaith's picture

I want to thank you for reminding me about the robo parrot that I bought while inebreated so many years ago,I think with a bit of "FIXING" it will make a good edition to my Airship Pirate outfit.LOL

erricsimmons
erricsimmons's picture

Awesome, Electronics you have done a great job here. The pictures which has been posted by you over here is very cool, In fact I have never seen this kind of bird robot before.