femisapien and robosapien

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture
femisapien and robosapien

Hello everyone! I am new to the community. I saw on youtube, that femisapien and robosapien can interact with each other..My question is, how is this done? Also femisapien is supposed to have secret commands. Does anyone know what the secret commands are? Thank you! Mark

Diode
Diode's picture

The secret commands are in the robosapien V1 remote...I think...

balloon
balloon's picture

search for "Robosapien Secret" in the search bar in this website. there are some articles on how to do things with your Robo such as autonomous wandering, fighting, and rapping.

balloon
balloon's picture

Oh wait sorry I thought you meant the V1 secrets. Yeah I don't know about the femisapien ones.

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Thanks to all for responding to my question..I'm getting a femisapien soon, and it states I believe on WOWWEE's website that femisapien is supposed to have secret functions...Then where are they published???? Also Femisapien is supposed to control robosapien V1 and visa versa...I will report back with my findings if I come across anything...In the meanwhile, if anybody knows, please let me know. Thank you, to everyone!

StunningD
StunningD's picture

The Robosapien and Femisapien DO NOT actually interact with each other. You can program them so that when the Robosapien 'hears' something that he will start a routine. So, you start femisapien dancing and Robosapien hears it and goes into his programmed routine.

The 'Hidden features' are not really much. You can use Robosapien's remote controll to controll Fenisapien which, makes her a wonderfull little robot. It makes her so much more controllable and programmable when you use his remote. The problem is that you can not control both at the same time and make them do different things because they will both read the same IR signal.

There are a few 'secret' functions. If you push on her head for a while she will emit a sound, and when you continue doing it she will 'protest' what you are doing. #2 If you pivot her head up and down(like she is saying yes) with the right timing, she will do a sneeze emotion. All of the 'Hidden' functions that they are talking about I believe to be that you can use the Robosapien remote. I have found some of Wowwee's wording with thier advertising to be a bit 'shady'.

I think the Femisapien was one of the best robots I bought and even better with Robosapiens remote. There is a mapping of the Robosapien's remote for the Femisapien somewhere on the site. If I find it before you do, I will post a link for it. Any more questions, please give a shout :-)

StunningD

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Thank you stunningD!!!!!!!

StunningD
StunningD's picture

merlinxwiz said: Thank you stunningD!!!!!!!

You are welcome merlinxwiz. Here is a link to the Femisapien layout on the Robosapien remote contoller:

http://www.pollensoftware.com/femisapien/femisapienbuttons.htm

I feel it really makes all the difference for the Femisapien.

And here is a link to some things you can program Robosapien to do:

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/10057/ROBOSAPIEN-SECRET--Autonomous-Wandering/?highlight=robosapien+remote

Enjoy :-)

Diode
Diode's picture

I realy, REALY need a femisapien! Two reasons: They're highly intelegent, and my V1 and my V2 and Tri-bot need a valantine...yyyeah, my robots also need one.

StunningD
StunningD's picture

I wouldn't say that the Femisapien is 'highly intelligent' but, she does respond well and can hold a good 'conversation' when in conversation mode. The drawback is that she does not walk well on anything except a table(which you really need to watch her so she doesn't walk off the edge), or a good level hard surface. I do have her walking on short bereber carpet and she does pretty well but, will fall over due to it being not level and having a 'bounce' to it. All-in-all a great purchase for the price.

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Thanks again StunningD, you THE man!!

Diode
Diode's picture

merlinxwiz said: Diode, you are funny! hahaha. Thanks again StunningD, you THE man!!

Lol, a robo-wedding...the babis would look like this:

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/123m5g8.jpg[/IMG]

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

no comment

Diode
Diode's picture

LOL yeah....I am a rel comedian...So a Goober, a RSV2, and Wrex The Dawg walk into a bar...and the V2 is all like "SUP, DAWWWGGG!!!" Wrex is all like "???" Then the goober points at a RSV1, and says "hubba hubba!, HUBBA HUBBA!!!" Every one else is like 0__o

So...that's one I just thought of.

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

Hey, guys!

Why don't look here:

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/14016/Femisapien-Hidden-Functi...

It's a (rather old) thread about Femi's "secrets", RSv1 remote control and interactions with RSv1 himself!

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Diode...What can I say? Your funny! Shai Alyt NEMO, thank you so much! And thanks to everyone who responded to my question.... I saw on youtube something called the beep routine where Robosapien and Femispaien start communicating with each other with beeps, and it gets better! This is what I need! Can anybody explain how to do the beep routine? I will try to post the youtube thing I saw...It might go onto this post, if I can figure how to implement youtube into this thing... If not, do a seach on youtube for robosapien and femisapien...Or is it femisapien and robosapien...You will eventualy find the beep routine, and it is pretty neat!! If anyone can shed some light on how the beep routine is done, please let me know..Thanks!

Diode
Diode's picture

I want a femisapien!

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Diode, my man! EBAY!!!
Mark

Diode
Diode's picture

They are alot of money there....52 dollars... :( I was thinking...maybe a.....20 dollar one? I want my robosapoen V1 to have a wife.

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

no comment

Diode
Diode's picture

merlinxwiz said: Diode! My man! I can get a femisapien for you for like 20 bucks off of ebay!plus about 10 for shipping....Brosky, just go to ebay and observe! I got my robo 1 for 10 and I got my fem for 10 and I got my quad for 10....You got to be patient, obseve, and close the bid as fast as you can for the least amount! Your my boy! If you want me to look out for you I will....I live in NYC, raised and all the above! Give me a holla when you want a femisapien and I will stand by you! OK? Mark

I only saw one for 42$. And i wasn't allowed to get it. (I'm only 10)

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

no comment

Diode
Diode's picture

Hmmmm...About the femisapien, My parents wouldn't let me exept the gift. BTW, how old are ya? Oh, and my RSV1 wants to jump. Althught V1s cant jump! Any ideas for a mod that can make him jump?

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

merlinxwiz said:  I saw on youtube something called the beep routine where Robosapien and Femispaien start communicating with each other with beeps, and it gets better! This is what I need! Can anybody explain how to do the beep routine?  

RTFM! (i hope you know what that abbreviation means Wink). The "Beep" routine is described there. It also can be callled by RSv1 remote (Look here: http://www.robocommunity.com/download/16778/RSv1-IR-remote-controller-la...).

And one more suggestion (I understand, you are new here, but it's a rule of a good tone on every forum everywhere on the net). Don't be afraid (or lazy?) to carefully explore the manual and the forums before asking about the obvious or previously discussed things...

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

no comment

Diode
Diode's picture

merlinxwiz said: Diode, I believe I'm about 5 times older than you...I turn 48 this year...I know my picture looks young (taken last year) I have a genetic code that makes me look young...Guess something I'm blessed with.....I feel bad that your parents won't allow you a gift! Tell your parents it's not a gift..A gift means free...I said If I win a femisapien off of ebay, I will send her to you plus the shiping fee...Basicly you get it for what I paid for it, without a string attached...I'm not out to make a profit (I know the way of the world is to always make a profit), what I pay out from my pocket plus the shipping to deliver it to you, is perfectly fair! I can charge beyond that, but I live confortably, and I don't need to....

Man, I still cant! Darn it! I wish I could. But thanks for the offer anyway. Hopefully I can sometime...

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Diode, between you and I (and leave your parents out!) If you realy want a femisapien I will try my hardest to get her for you the cheapest way I can! You can write me a check, money order, paypal or whatever! I'm NOT concerned!If you don't have the funds, then I might get her for you as a gift. Meaning, you owe me nothing!! Life is short! To be happy is meaningful! If you can't pay me, then it is a gift! When it arrives to your house, to be serious what can your parents realy say? NOTHING! So, my friend, do you want her or not? If you want her, my promise to you is you will have her..If you can't pay for her...Then you have a gift! I'm heavily NYC...But I also believe in making someone happy!
That's just me......
Mark

Diode
Diode's picture

I really wish I could, but I just cant. Sorry, but my parents just wont let me.

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

Diode, what I mean to you when I say I am NYC is that I live in NYC, and I basicly go with the flow of the NYC lifestyle...I don't know if you ever been to NYC meaning New York City, it's a totaly different life style than your accusted to, trust me! NYC is a BIG PLACE, a rough neighborhood sort of speak...NYC since I live here, I can speak freely about it, and no one can judge me unless they actualy live here! NYC is an enviroment where you have to keep looking over your shoulder (if you live here!), if anyone tells you different, they don't actualy live right here in NYC...NYC is a place you have to be careful! You have to watch out for games and all the above, that is just the environment! It's a place where you learn to survive!! If your weak, you will NOT make it here...You just won't!! I'm telling you, because I live here!
Why should I go out of my way to get you a femispien, if I'm from NYC? Because if you met me or saw me, I would stick out among the crowed! I have been beat up, been shot, and yet still I am here! Not only that! When I got shot in the back by a mugger, I had 2 doctors tell me I will never walk again. I walk, I sit, and I am fine! It's because my heart ticks! Meaning good heart!! And meaning among the rest! When I got shot, my doctors told me I would never walk...Diode, I can stand on my feet! I have been beaten up and shot in NYC....And yet I still stand! Diode, if you want femisapien, I will try my hardest to get her for you! I am making you a promise as a man! If you do not have the money, then you have yourself a gift! What do I want back? Nothing! I want to see a smile on your face, and that is all I want to see...
Have a good day!
Your friend!
Mark

Diode
Diode's picture

It's really nice that you want to do this for me, but I just cant.

merlinxwiz
merlinxwiz's picture

What if I just gave it to you?

Pages