OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 442948.0
December 2, 2009 07:11 PM

Categories: RS Media

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

crmfghtr

This software seems almost perfect for voice recognition, I have used it in another robot and its easy to use. In the custom mode you merely direct the file you want to play after typing in the voice command, best of all its free

http://www.tazti.com/

Try it out! Getting this into RS Media however is going to be another task

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

December 2, 2009 8:28 PM updated: December 2, 2009 8:29 PM

Hi Crmfghtr,
Tazti seems to be available for Windows only. Its free to download and use but not open source. So I dont think there would be anyway way to port/convert it to linux for use on RSMedia :-(

Another program I have heard of is 'pocketsphinx'. Its linux based, free and I think RSMedia will have enough CPU power to run it. See http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/PocketSphinx-39382.shtml I think it can run on ubuntu or other linux distrobutions, so it could be tested on the PC first.
Cheers
Helibot

December 2, 2009 8:39 PM

Your right, its Windows based only, how disappointing. I will take a look at pocketsphinx! As always, thanks for the tip oh RS Media Master

December 2, 2009 10:53 PM

crmfghtr - were you the person who built a full scale talking Robbie The Robot using tazti (I saw the video on YouTube)?

I took a look at RS Media, and it looks fascinating. While tazti is Windows only, there might be a few workarounds to make it work with RS Media, but they won't be easy.

One option would be to see if WowWee might provide technical specs for their remote controller. If you could get the IR frequency and a mapping of the commands, you could either (1) build your own windows compatible remote to work with RS Media or (2) buy a programmable windows compatible remote and program it to interact with RS Media. Once you have this, you would just need to set up tazti Custom Speech Commands to call a program that triggers the appropriate remote command (via the IR remote of course) and voila.

Another option would be this. If (and this is a big if) the embedded Linux OS on the RS Media has a webserver and Wi-Fi capability, then you could communicate to it via tazti over you LAN. Set up tazti Custom Speech Commands to hit urls on the RS Media webserver over your Wi-Fi network. Upload scripts to RS Media webserver that when triggered run the RS Macros and actions you have stored on the 'bot. You're done - you say the command, tazti hears it, sends it over wi-fi to the bot's webserver, it processes the script and Robo Sapien talks/walks/takes video etc.

It would be interesting in general if WowWee could include networking capability in general with the 'bot - it would allow anything that communicates over Wi-Fi to control the bot. Lot's of neat possibilities.

On a somewhat related note, a new version of tazti will be released soon which will include enhanced Custom Speech Command capability and new api functionality that will make it easier to do things like interact with RS Media (but unfortunately it still won't be available for Linux).

Thanks for thinking about tazti Speech Recognition when you're thinking about cool projects!

Michael
-team tazti

January 6, 2011 4:56 PM

I saw that the tazti Speech Recognition Software now has a speech API built into it. To make it easier to mashup with robots/AI. I mashed tazti up with some websites. It is for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 http://www.tazti.com

View unverified member's comment - posted by TikaC

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window