No software downloads for RS Media and Mr. Personality on the Wow Wee Homepage to found

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aiwaz
Aiwaz's picture
No software downloads for RS Media and Mr. Personality on the Wow Wee Homepage to found

Dear all,

since a few days there isn´t any possibility to find and to download the software for Mr. Personality and also not for the RS Media on the WowWee homepage Frown

The links that before existed aren´t to see since a few days.

What´s going on ? Have anybody any information regarding this ? Thanks a lot for any helpful answer. Wink

Aiwaz Cool

Rudolph
Rudolph's picture

As the RSMedia is supposedly no longer being produced, I'm not surprised they've removed its downloads.

There is the RoboCommunity downloads section which should have some of the things that used to be at wowwee.com. http://www.robocommunity.com/download/list

Aiwaz
Aiwaz's picture

Yes, I thougt also, but the same problem is on the service_update side of
Mr Personality. And this robot is not out of production, isn´t it ?

Regards, Aiwaz

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

I don't know if the Mr. Personality robot is out of production per se, but the software suite that would allow you to edit the personalities was never actually released.

Apparently, it was possible though - see this thread:
http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/15741/UPDATE-Finally-A-Customi...

I tried to download the indicated files and they have been taken down. I've contacted the members involved to see if we can get the files back.

Pete

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

It's such a shame that WOW WEE can't succeed with some real programmable robotic toy to be reliable and successful at the same time!

I think all the Wow Wee's fans expected and still expects a Robosapien V3 (if we not consider RS Media the v3) or a Rovio v2 with full programmable capabilities and with crash free software feature.

I hope the "association" with the Optimal Group didn't get Wow Wee ONLY to a race for profit and commercial success!

I still hope and I remember with joy to those days when I annoyed Michelle with my questions about RS Media PC Suite updates and bogus and erroneous versions :)

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

As OFF the record I still have all the Versions of the RS Media PC suite:
-Original from CD (first version)
-Beta versions with some NOT available anymore Personalities
-Last Version with the new fancy look

All look nice and cool even now after 3 years from my first robotic touch the RS Media which introduced me to this wonderful world of robotics.
Thanks WOW WEE for the magical moments and the late nights you made me stay up, but ... it's always a BUT ... I'm disappointed :(

Aiwaz
Aiwaz's picture

Dear all,

regarding the discussed problem in this thread, I send a ticket to the Custumer Support of WowWee and this is the official statement:

"At the moment they were removed but I am awaiting response to see if they will be put back up. When I get a response I will let you know.

Sincerely,
WowWee Customer Service"

So, I think this looks well, so that we can await the "comeback" of this two software links on the WowWee support side.

If I get more information, I´ll inform you asap.

Regards,

Aiwaz

Aiwaz
Aiwaz's picture

Dear all,

the software links on the Customer Support Side from Mr Personality AND the RS Media are back again !

So this thread could be closed :)

Best regards,

Frank

PS: I hope this "situation" will be stabil...

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Thanks Frank, I snagged the RS Media files and posted them on the community, so if they are ever lost again they will be here!

Also, we did have the Mr. Personality files already here, did you see them? Or is there something on the WowWee site that we don't have?

Aiwaz
Aiwaz's picture

Dear Peter,

thanks a lot for your help and cooperation. I think we have all of the original Wow Wee softeware safed.

But I will look again, and inform you and the community asap, if something is missing.

Kindly regards,

Yours,

Aiwaz