Cinemin Projector

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tafratzke
tafratzke's picture
Cinemin Projector

I'm really excited about the Pico Projectors.  I hope Cinemin lives up to its hype?  It bothers me that all their ads are like cartoons instead of showing the "real" screen that consumers will be seeing?  Isn't it all in the real early, early stages?  I'm willing to make a purchase, but reviews on all the brands don't seem to be shining?  Could this be the one, the first really usable?  I need to watch movies in my tent at night.  Really, really want one.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Hey, welcome to the community :) I played with a Cinemin briefly and I have to say that I was very impressed by the quality, battery life, ease of use, and form factor. A Runco home theater projector it is not, but that is not its intention.

Especially if you have an iPod or iPhone, the Cinemin would be a great way for you to watch movies in your tent. You could also use a portable DVD player of course.

Overall, the Cinemin really focuses on being usable and easy to operate, with simple connection methods (again, especially for the iPod and iPhone.)

Part of the problem with showing pictures of the "actual screens" of the projector is that they will vary greatly on room lighting, the color and texture of the projection surface, distance, etc. Very hard to reproduce accurately in pictures (trust me, I tried) but I can say it was definitely nice, considering the size and price of the unit!

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Oh, and stay tuned for more information on the community when it becomes available :)