PLeo PDK/SDK coming Sept.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
altwolf
altwolf's picture
PLeo PDK/SDK coming Sept.

News about Pleo's resurrection has probably been already posted, but here is some more news.

Jetta is finally Providing the Pleo SDK that we were promised by Ugobe so many moons ago. Apparently it is likely to be release mid-Septmeber. There may be some fun hacking in the future! I always thought Pleo's hardware was VASTLY under-utilized by Ugobe; now we can all have a go at making some cool Pleo programs!

http://www.botjunkie.com/2009/08/31/pleo-busts-some-new-moves-thanks-to-...

Info in case it hasn't been posted:
The rights to Pleo were aquired by the Chinese company,Jetta, that actually did the manufacturing of the Pleo for Ugobe. Jetta Company will be relaunching Pleo with a few improvements: Better cabling in the head and tail for fewer breaks and problems and improved skin/paint so that the paint doesn't rub off so easily. They will be providing the batteries and other accessories also. One interesting note is that the new charger will re-energize old, supposedly dead, Pleo batteries.

altwolf
altwolf's picture

Interesting: I just noticed in that video that Pleo's head and tail are pretty significantly shorter and a little thicker than the old Ugobe versions. Most likey, this is a result of the strengthening of the neck and tail that have been reported.

roschler
roschler's picture

@altwolf,

Just speculating but it sounds like they added a "drain/refresh" mode to the new chargers. Sometimes you have to completely deplete a NiMH rechargeable and then fully recharge to get it back to working order (I'm no battery expert though).

-- roschler