OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 25352.9
July 15, 2009 11:17 PM

Categories: General Robotics

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

RebelTaz

I found this dinosaur at the thrift store tonight and for 89 cents, I couldn't leave her there to be thrown out! The skin is made out of rubber and there is an infrared sensor on her back. Another sensor of some sort is underneath her tail. When you tunr her on, she says "it looks like a good day for a walk" (or something like that) and her mouth moves to the words. Other than that, I assume that I need the remote to get her to do anything else. It looks like it can walk around and her neck will move side to side as well.

There are absolutely no numbers, names or markings on this thing at all to help identify it, other than the obligatory "made in China" moniker that everything in America now carrys. 

Has anyone every seen this creature out in the wild who can maybe help identify her? Oh, I guess you might need to see a picture of her, huh? Here you go:

... and for the image challenged browsers (Smile), she is a rubber skinned pink dinosaur with a white underbelly and purple hearts. (Why do I get the urge to continue on with green clovers and yellow stars?) Cute as a button...

Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.com

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

July 16, 2009 2:41 PM

Hmm... never seen one of these but it looks interesting, like Pleo lite :)

I think she needs a laser-sighted rocket launcher to go with the cute purple hearts.

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

July 18, 2009 12:50 AM

Peter Redmer said: Hmm... never seen one of these but it looks interesting, like Pleo lite :)
That was what I thought when I saw her... Smile

Derek Tombrello

November 7, 2009 11:05 PM updated: November 7, 2009 11:10 PM

This is from the same makers of the robotic toy called Big and Little Scratch. I think it might be possible to hijack the controller and use it for that.

Fastenjaw

Edit: Yea its made by a company called Trendmasters.

Since robots will one day populate every aspect of your life, its a good idea to make friends with all of them. Otherwise your shower bot might decide to play around with the water temperature while you are showering...

November 11, 2009 12:45 AM

I did a search on that robot (Big and Little Scratch) and found even less on on that one :(

I am familiar with Trendmasters, though. They make (or rather, made) the Rumble Robots that I have as well.

I appreciate the info, though... At least now I have a maker.

Derek Tombrello

November 21, 2009 9:23 AM

Trendmasters make WUv Luvs.I hate Wuv Luvs.

November 21, 2009 12:29 PM

wowweefan said: Trendmasters make WUv Luvs.I hate Wuv Luvs.

Oh wow... I see those at the Thrift Store occasionally and never gave them a second thought! From what I read they seem to be Furby-like. Why do you dislike them so harshly? Wink

Derek Tombrello

November 21, 2009 1:52 PM updated: November 21, 2009 1:52 PM

wowweefan said: Trendmasters make WUv Luvs.I hate Wuv Luvs.

Trendmasters also made the 10" Robby robots.

Those are cool.

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window