OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1080260.0
July 8, 2009 08:48 PM

Categories: General Robotics

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Grandlarseny37

I saw a listing on craigslist for an omnibot 5200, but I have never heard of and can not find any info on that model.  Anyone know what that is?  Thanks!

www.teachtechno.com

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 16-30 of 36 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

September 25, 2009 4:30 PM

Mistyman said: Scott, Paymant sent via PayPal. I've emailed you with my shipping address. Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thank you for the fast payment and I will verify it shortly. I received your shipping info. Ups is closed on the weekends so first thing Monday I will ship him out to you and you should have it by Wed...I will contact you via e-mail once i verify funds and again thank you for the purchase . Scott.

October 9, 2009 7:09 AM

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to say thank you for the Omnibot 5200! He is just as you described and has become one of my prized robots. If you ever come across his bigger brother, the Omnibot 2000, please let me know. I would certainly love to add him to my collection.

Thanks Again Scott

Dennis

October 9, 2009 8:03 AM

Mistyman said: Hi Scott, Just wanted to say thank you for the Omnibot 5200! He is just as you described and has become one of my prized robots. If you ever come across his bigger brother, the Omnibot 2000, please let me know. I would certainly love to add him to my collection. Thanks Again Scott Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Your very welcome im glad you are happy with him as Omnibot is a fantastic bot, as far as Omnibot 2000 goes I know a guy on the west coast who should have one so I will e-mail the website to you...Not sure if you got my last e-mail, but im selling 2 Maxx Steele robots both are in very rare condition see above post for descritption one is 100% perfect and complete I can give you a good deal on either one or both so please contact me if you are interested as you probobly as a collector know how rare these bots are and even more rare to find one that's even close to the condition of the ones im selling so let me know . Thank You,

Scott.

October 9, 2009 8:11 AM updated: October 22, 2009 4:36 PM

Attention all Collectors, MAXX STEELE ROBOTS FOR SALE LOOKS FANTASTIC AND WORKS GREAT...

Im currently selling a fantastic vintage 80's electronic Maxx Steele robot. This bot is in fantastic condition with no damage or yellowing and is very clean and has all stickers intact and complete. He is in great working order and has had a brand new battery, fuse, and bulbs installed. He comes with his remote, charger and an extra brand new battery as well.I can also send you the link to download an owners manual. Any collector knows how hard it is to find a working Maxx Steele so if you are interested or have any questions please feel free to contact me at robotfan1972@aol.com Photos are available upon request.
Thank You,
Scott.

****I am also selling a fantastic,clean,and 100% perfect working vintage VECTREX ARCADE SYSTEM and ATARI 7800 SYSTEM both are in fantastic 100% perfect working order and absolutely complete with original boxes, accessories and games. For details and pricing please contact me at the above e-mail address.Photos are available upon request

January 19, 2010 7:19 AM

I am looking for an omnibot 2000. I have waited long enough and need to buy it before I get married! Please post if you have one available.

January 19, 2010 7:20 AM

I am looking for an Omnibot 2000. I have waited long enought and need to get one before I get married. Please post if you have one available in excellent shape and working order.

May 3, 2010 9:36 AM

i posted an ad in here yesterday where i am looking for these robots, especially the omnibot 2000 and maxx steele. i am interested in others like these too, such as the compurobot II and the omnibot, oom,. and the radio shack knock-offs.

in my humble opinion, Tomy should reissue the classic Omnibot 2000. Nobody makes robots like this anymore,or even kits for something like this. Especially anything reasonably priced.

From what I see, anything made today in the under $200 range or in a kit, either they look like a five-year-old's science project, or like a cheap chinese-made wal-mart toy, or like one of those transformer robots, or are tiny. (since I am looking for something to use as a stage-prop, the Omnibot or Robie Sr. is the smallest I can go) Anything nice that is still made, they want like 3,000 dollars for (like the RB-1X) Forget it!

I like the classic "Canister-bodied" droid, (like the Omnibots or R2D2) or the square, chunky (like Comro's "Bumpy") wheel or track-driven robots, they look more like classic sci-fi robots to me.

Nothing made today for reasonable price and/or kit form, looks like this.

I hope some robot manufacturer sees this and takes note and starts making something like what I need. (or Tomy reissues the Omnibot 2000 classic for a low price)

I am sure that there are lots of people like me who would want this.

View unverified member's comment - posted by Anthony Trimarchi

September 27, 2010 2:35 PM

I have stored my Omnibot (5200? smaller one) and my Max Steele in the attic now for 20+ years. It's time now to get rid of them to fund some of my daughter's wants. Both of these were working when I stored them and I'll verify that is still the case if you're interested in purchasing. While the robots, remotes, manuals, drink tray, etc. are there, I don't believe I have the original boxes any longer. You can e-mail me if you are interested in either or both of these and I can send along pictures to you.

Thanks,
John Bratager
john.bratager@wmitchell.edu

November 30, 2010 8:20 AM

WTB Maxx Steele Bot

These robots are great fun. I started out with just the basic Omnibot last year and now have the 2000 and a bunch of Omnibot variants. The only big one left is the Maxx Steele. I'm starting my search for a compete Maxx Steel robot. I contacted the person that had one here but it hasn't gone anyplace. If you have a Maxx that you are looking to off load drop me a line at 5 7 P L Y M O U T H @ L I V E . Com or respond to this thread with info. Condition is negotiable but it needs to be complete with remote.

View unverified member's comment - posted by rich

May 22, 2011 7:26 PM

Im an omnibot expert. They go for around 50-300 dollars.

February 24, 2012 3:57 PM

Omnibot 5200 is a knockoff of the original Omnibot 2000,and yes I have him:)

February 24, 2012 4:00 PM

Omnibot 5200? do you mean Omnibot 2000?!

April 7, 2012 8:43 AM

I have an Omnibot 5402 that I received as a Christmas gift in about 1985. My father put a new battery into it a couple of years ago and its in relatively good condition. However, the remote is shot. Can anyone tell me of a source for a new remote, or is there anyone here selling them? I'd really like to get it going again.

Thanks!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 16-30 of 36 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window