OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1112110.0
July 8, 2009 08:48 PM

Categories: General Robotics

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Grandlarseny37

I saw a listing on craigslist for an omnibot 5200, but I have never heard of and can not find any info on that model.  Anyone know what that is?  Thanks!

www.teachtechno.com

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 36 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 Next »

July 8, 2009 9:48 PM

There are a couple of links in this thread that may shed light on the subject.

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/15862/Robie-Sr.-and-Omnibot-A-Blast-From...

The cure for this disease is lack of money. It doesn't stop the itch though.

July 9, 2009 11:06 PM updated: July 9, 2009 11:16 PM

I've never heard of the 5200 either. Maybe the poster meant 5402 instead of 5200? The 5402 is Omnibot 2000's older brother, although he is smaller and a little less developed. Here is a photo of mine:

You can go to my web site for more info and an owner's manual for the 5402, if you'd like...
www.RobotsAndComputers.com/robots/omnibot.htm

[BTW - Mr.Moderator... when I add a picture to a post, if the picture has a transparent background, as most images I use on my site do, why is the image given a pink background to replace the transparent one? This has happened twice before and I always have to reconvert the images to JPG before uploading them. No big deal, just curious...]

Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.com

July 9, 2009 11:36 PM

Yeah the woman who posted that on craigslist sent me some pics and it turned out to be a 5402. I used to have one when I was a kid, great little robot at the time. She's asking an insane $275 for it, says they usually go for $500. She must think I'm a total moron.

www.teachtechno.com

July 10, 2009 12:46 AM

Grandlarseny37 said: Yeah the woman who posted that on craigslist sent me some pics and it turned out to be a 5402. I used to have one when I was a kid, great little robot at the time. She's asking an insane $275 for it, says they usually go for $500. She must think I'm a total moron.

$500!? Where on earth has she ever seen an Omnibot for $500? Omnibot 2000 doesn't even go for that much! 

Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.com

July 10, 2009 7:43 AM

RebelTaz said:  [BTW - Mr.Moderator... when I add a picture to a post, if the picture has a transparent background, as most images I use on my site do, why is the image given a pink background to replace the transparent one? This has happened twice before and I always have to reconvert the images to JPG before uploading them. No big deal, just curious...]

Last time I checked, all pics uploaded to RoboCommunity are converted to JPGs. If you want a GIF to be a GIF you have to upload it to some other space, and just link the photo in, rather than letting CapableNetwork's image archive system convert it.

I was going to put some animations in my photos, but was stonewalled by the upload process converting them to the single frame JPG standard.

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

August 9, 2009 6:25 PM updated: October 4, 2009 7:14 PM

VINTAGE 80's MAXX STEELE ROBOTS FOR SALE****VERY RARE...100% PERFECT WORKING CONDITION AND COMPLETE WITH ALL ACCESSORIES AND BOX.

HI,

Up for sale from my personal collection are two vintage 80's robot masterpieces... I am currently selling 2 MAXX STEELE Robots. 1)The first Maxx Steele im selling is in fantastic shape and very clean. He is in rare 100% perfect working order and every function work's 100% perfect. Every function on the remote works 100% perfect as well. This Maxx Steele comes complete with remote,charger,manual,mirror(for games),and comes with it's original picture box as well. He has also had a fresh new battery and new bulbs installed. I have been collecting vintage bots for many years and anyone who collects vintage bots as well will know how rare it is to find a Maxx Steele in 100% perfect working order and absolutely complete with box as well. 2) Now the second Maxx Steele im selling is in almost perfect working order with just some minor issues. He looks fantastic just like the first one. the only issue is that the movements left, right, forward and backward dont always work...sometimes they will and somtimes they wont, but every other functiond works 100% perfect. This Maxx comes with a new battery installed, remote, and manual(charger can be purchased at any radio shack or battery retail store for very cheap.} Both these Maxx steeles are exceptional examples of a very rare 80's robot...I have not placed a set price on either at this point, but instead are taking offers from any and all interested buyers so please feel free to e-mail me with any questions and all offers are welcome. My e-mail is robotfan1972@aol.com
Thank's,
Scott.
****Please note that I also have a complete and working ROBIE SR. Robot,Verbot, and R.A.D. 2.0 as well as complete Intellivision and Atari 7800 Systems with extras as well all 100% perfect working and in fantastic shape.

Thank's,
Scott.

August 9, 2009 6:30 PM

Hi,

Error in the above telephone number it's actually 727-359-4064 or reach me for any of the above bots at Robotfan1972@aol.com.

Scott.

September 9, 2009 2:11 AM

Hi Scott I would be interested in purchasing the Omnibot if it is still available I live in Australia and would be happy to pay Freight also if it wasn't too much
i can be reached on roly@lcars.com.au or ph+61414252482
Cheers
Roly

September 9, 2009 2:13 AM

Hi Scott i would be interested in purchasing the Omnibot if it is still available and the freight isnt too much ( i live in Australia) i can be reached on +61414252482 or roly@lcars.com.au
Cheers Roly

September 9, 2009 6:27 PM updated: September 10, 2009 11:42 AM

Roly said: Hi Scott I would be interested in purchasing the Omnibot if it is still available I live in Australia and would be happy to pay Freight also if it wasn't too much i can be reached on roly@lcars.com.au or ph+61414252482 Cheers Roly

Hi Roly,

I still have the OMNIBOT Robot. I took the entire box with the bot and everything to the post office and Ups as I was getting crazy quotes over the phone and this is the total for shipping to you're location:  By way of  Priority Mail(post offic) $189.00

By way of UPS ground$385.00

The shipping is high, but if you want the robot bad enough it is worth it and the Omnibot is a great robot from a great time. This one im selling is complete in orig. box and comes with everything and a new battery was installed, a fantastic  100%perfect working  example for any collector. All white and as shiny as the day I bought it. If you want it it's yours. Let me know. Thank's Scott.

September 24, 2009 1:39 PM

Scott,

Did you sell the omnibot yet???

September 24, 2009 2:15 PM

Mistyman said: Scott, Did you sell the omnibot yet???

Hi,

I actually have one Omnibot left and it is in fantastic 100% perfect working condition and absolutely complete with everything original. It comes with the remote, new charger, tray, manual, paperwork, floor map, mini screw driver and a fresh new battery was installed. The bot is still sitting in its styrofoam protective case with all accessories secured in styrofoam as well all in it's original box. The bot and all accessories are all white, clean, and shiny. I am the original owner and have taken great care in storing it all these 25 plus years then having it on dispay in a glass case in my game room. I kept it in a clean, smoke free, air conditioned envirement and it looks as close to new as you are going to find. It's only $105.00 if you want it please let me know.                                                                   Thank's,

Scott.

September 25, 2009 9:40 AM

Hi Scott,

Yes I would like to purchase your Omnibot. You can email directly at Mistyman1957@yahoo.com.

Dennis

September 25, 2009 12:00 PM updated: September 25, 2009 12:03 PM

Hi Dennis,
I sent you an e-mail, but am responding here as well.
Great, You will be very pleased as to the fantastic condition of the robot. I recomend it be shipped via UPS ground as that is the safest method of shipping large electronic items like omnibot. The cost of shipping will be $36.00 to any of the 50 states in the US. This will cover insurance and delivery confirmation so you will know when it leaves the office and when you will receive it. Total will be $141.00.I prefer payment via PAY PAL so if you choose send payment to my account at jellyring35@gmail.com Also please send me all shipping info. If you send payment today then I can ship it out to you right away. Thank's,
Scott.

September 25, 2009 1:05 PM

Scott,
Paymant sent via PayPal. I've emailed you with my shipping address.

Dennis

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 36 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window