Omnibot 5200?

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grandlarseny37
Grandlarseny37's picture
Omnibot 5200?

I saw a listing on craigslist for an omnibot 5200, but I have never heard of and can not find any info on that model.  Anyone know what that is?  Thanks!

idrum289
idrum289's picture
There are a couple of links

There are a couple of links in this thread that may shed light on the subject.

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/15862/Robie-Sr.-and-Omnibot-A-Blast...

RebelTaz
RebelTaz's picture
I've never heard of the 5200

I've never heard of the 5200 either. Maybe the poster meant 5402 instead of 5200? The 5402 is Omnibot 2000's older brother, although he is smaller and a little less developed. Here is a photo of mine:

You can go to my web site for more info and an owner's manual for the 5402, if you'd like...
www.RobotsAndComputers.com/robots/omnibot.htm

[BTW - Mr.Moderator... when I add a picture to a post, if the picture has a transparent background, as most images I use on my site do, why is the image given a pink background to replace the transparent one? This has happened twice before and I always have to reconvert the images to JPG before uploading them. No big deal, just curious...]

Grandlarseny37
Grandlarseny37's picture
Yeah the woman who posted

Yeah the woman who posted that on craigslist sent me some pics and it turned out to be a 5402. I used to have one when I was a kid, great little robot at the time. She's asking an insane $275 for it, says they usually go for $500. She must think I'm a total moron.

RebelTaz
RebelTaz's picture
Grandlarseny37 said:

Grandlarseny37 said:
Yeah the woman who posted that on craigslist sent me some pics and it turned out to be a 5402. I used to have one when I was a kid, great little robot at the time. She's asking an insane $275 for it, says they usually go for $500. She must think I'm a total moron.

$500!? Where on earth has she ever seen an Omnibot for $500? Omnibot 2000 doesn't even go for that much! 

MrScott
MrScott's picture
RebelTaz said: [BTW - Mr

RebelTaz said: 
[BTW - Mr.Moderator... when I add a picture to a post, if the picture has a transparent background, as most images I use on my site do, why is the image given a pink background to replace the transparent one? This has happened twice before and I always have to reconvert the images to JPG before uploading them. No big deal, just curious...]

Last time I checked, all pics uploaded to RoboCommunity are converted to JPGs. If you want a GIF to be a GIF you have to upload it to some other space, and just link the photo in, rather than letting CapableNetwork's image archive system convert it.

I was going to put some animations in my photos, but was stonewalled by the upload process converting them to the single frame JPG standard.

scott signorelli
scott signorelli's picture
VINTAGE 80's MAXX STEELE

VINTAGE 80's MAXX STEELE ROBOTS FOR SALE****VERY RARE...100% PERFECT WORKING CONDITION AND COMPLETE WITH ALL ACCESSORIES AND BOX.

HI,

Up for sale from my personal collection are two vintage 80's robot masterpieces... I am currently selling 2 MAXX STEELE Robots. 1)The first Maxx Steele im selling is in fantastic shape and very clean. He is in rare 100% perfect working order and every function work's 100% perfect. Every function on the remote works 100% perfect as well. This Maxx Steele comes complete with remote,charger,manual,mirror(for games),and comes with it's original picture box as well. He has also had a fresh new battery and new bulbs installed. I have been collecting vintage bots for many years and anyone who collects vintage bots as well will know how rare it is to find a Maxx Steele in 100% perfect working order and absolutely complete with box as well. 2) Now the second Maxx Steele im selling is in almost perfect working order with just some minor issues. He looks fantastic just like the first one. the only issue is that the movements left, right, forward and backward dont always work...sometimes they will and somtimes they wont, but every other functiond works 100% perfect. This Maxx comes with a new battery installed, remote, and manual(charger can be purchased at any radio shack or battery retail store for very cheap.} Both these Maxx steeles are exceptional examples of a very rare 80's robot...I have not placed a set price on either at this point, but instead are taking offers from any and all interested buyers so please feel free to e-mail me with any questions and all offers are welcome. My e-mail is robotfan1972@aol.com
Thank's,
Scott.
****Please note that I also have a complete and working ROBIE SR. Robot,Verbot, and R.A.D. 2.0 as well as complete Intellivision and Atari 7800 Systems with extras as well all 100% perfect working and in fantastic shape.

Thank's,
Scott.

scott signorelli
Hi,

Hi,

Error in the above telephone number it's actually 727-359-4064 or reach me for any of the above bots at Robotfan1972@aol.com.

Scott.

Roly
Roly's picture
Hi Scott I would be

Hi Scott I would be interested in purchasing the Omnibot if it is still available I live in Australia and would be happy to pay Freight also if it wasn't too much
i can be reached on roly@lcars.com.au or ph+61414252482
Cheers
Roly

Roly
Roly's picture
Hi Scott i would be

Hi Scott i would be interested in purchasing the Omnibot if it is still available and the freight isnt too much ( i live in Australia) i can be reached on +61414252482 or roly@lcars.com.au
Cheers Roly

scott signorelli
Roly said: Hi Scott I would

Roly said: Hi Scott I would be interested in purchasing the Omnibot if it is still available I live in Australia and would be happy to pay Freight also if it wasn't too much i can be reached on roly@lcars.com.au or ph+61414252482 Cheers Roly

Hi Roly,

I still have the OMNIBOT Robot. I took the entire box with the bot and everything to the post office and Ups as I was getting crazy quotes over the phone and this is the total for shipping to you're location:  By way of  Priority Mail(post offic) $189.00

By way of UPS ground$385.00

The shipping is high, but if you want the robot bad enough it is worth it and the Omnibot is a great robot from a great time. This one im selling is complete in orig. box and comes with everything and a new battery was installed, a fantastic  100%perfect working  example for any collector. All white and as shiny as the day I bought it. If you want it it's yours. Let me know. Thank's Scott.

Mistyman
Mistyman's picture
Scott,

Scott,

Did you sell the omnibot yet???

scott signorelli
Mistyman said: Scott, Did you

Mistyman said: Scott, Did you sell the omnibot yet???

Hi,

I actually have one Omnibot left and it is in fantastic 100% perfect working condition and absolutely complete with everything original. It comes with the remote, new charger, tray, manual, paperwork, floor map, mini screw driver and a fresh new battery was installed. The bot is still sitting in its styrofoam protective case with all accessories secured in styrofoam as well all in it's original box. The bot and all accessories are all white, clean, and shiny. I am the original owner and have taken great care in storing it all these 25 plus years then having it on dispay in a glass case in my game room. I kept it in a clean, smoke free, air conditioned envirement and it looks as close to new as you are going to find. It's only $105.00 if you want it please let me know.                                                                   Thank's,

Scott.

Mistyman
Mistyman's picture
Hi Scott,

Hi Scott,

Yes I would like to purchase your Omnibot. You can email directly at Mistyman1957@yahoo.com.

Dennis

scott signorelli
Hi Dennis,

Hi Dennis,
I sent you an e-mail, but am responding here as well.
Great, You will be very pleased as to the fantastic condition of the robot. I recomend it be shipped via UPS ground as that is the safest method of shipping large electronic items like omnibot. The cost of shipping will be $36.00 to any of the 50 states in the US. This will cover insurance and delivery confirmation so you will know when it leaves the office and when you will receive it. Total will be $141.00.I prefer payment via PAY PAL so if you choose send payment to my account at jellyring35@gmail.com Also please send me all shipping info. If you send payment today then I can ship it out to you right away. Thank's,
Scott.

Mistyman
Mistyman's picture
Scott,

Scott,
Paymant sent via PayPal. I've emailed you with my shipping address.

Dennis

scott signorelli
Mistyman said: Scott, Paymant

Mistyman said: Scott, Paymant sent via PayPal. I've emailed you with my shipping address. Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thank you for the fast payment and I will verify it shortly. I received your shipping info. Ups is closed on the weekends so first thing Monday I will ship him out to you and you should have it by Wed...I will contact you via e-mail once i verify funds and again thank you for the purchase . Scott.

Mistyman
Mistyman's picture
Hi Scott,

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to say thank you for the Omnibot 5200! He is just as you described and has become one of my prized robots. If you ever come across his bigger brother, the Omnibot 2000, please let me know. I would certainly love to add him to my collection.

Thanks Again Scott

Dennis

scott signorelli
Mistyman said: Hi Scott, Just

Mistyman said: Hi Scott, Just wanted to say thank you for the Omnibot 5200! He is just as you described and has become one of my prized robots. If you ever come across his bigger brother, the Omnibot 2000, please let me know. I would certainly love to add him to my collection. Thanks Again Scott Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Your very welcome im glad you are happy with him as Omnibot is a fantastic bot, as far as Omnibot 2000 goes I know a guy on the west coast who should have one so I will e-mail the website to you...Not sure if you got my last e-mail, but im selling 2 Maxx Steele robots both are in very rare condition see above post for descritption one is 100% perfect and complete I can give you a good deal on either one or both so please contact me if you are interested as you probobly as a collector know how rare these bots are and even more rare to find one that's even close to the condition of the ones im selling so let me know . Thank You,

Scott.

scott signorelli
Attention all Collectors,

Attention all Collectors, MAXX STEELE ROBOTS FOR SALE LOOKS FANTASTIC AND WORKS GREAT...

Im currently selling a fantastic vintage 80's electronic Maxx Steele robot. This bot is in fantastic condition with no damage or yellowing and is very clean and has all stickers intact and complete. He is in great working order and has had a brand new battery, fuse, and bulbs installed. He comes with his remote, charger and an extra brand new battery as well.I can also send you the link to download an owners manual. Any collector knows how hard it is to find a working Maxx Steele so if you are interested or have any questions please feel free to contact me at robotfan1972@aol.com Photos are available upon request.
Thank You,
Scott.

****I am also selling a fantastic,clean,and 100% perfect working vintage VECTREX ARCADE SYSTEM and ATARI 7800 SYSTEM both are in fantastic 100% perfect working order and absolutely complete with original boxes, accessories and games. For details and pricing please contact me at the above e-mail address.Photos are available upon request

Scubadennis
Scubadennis's picture
I am looking for an omnibot

I am looking for an omnibot 2000. I have waited long enough and need to buy it before I get married! Please post if you have one available.

Scubadennis
Scubadennis's picture
I am looking for an Omnibot

I am looking for an Omnibot 2000. I have waited long enought and need to get one before I get married. Please post if you have one available in excellent shape and working order.

elektrodroid
elektrodroid's picture
i posted an ad in here

i posted an ad in here yesterday where i am looking for these robots, especially the omnibot 2000 and maxx steele. i am interested in others like these too, such as the compurobot II and the omnibot, oom,. and the radio shack knock-offs.

in my humble opinion, Tomy should reissue the classic Omnibot 2000. Nobody makes robots like this anymore,or even kits for something like this. Especially anything reasonably priced.

From what I see, anything made today in the under $200 range or in a kit, either they look like a five-year-old's science project, or like a cheap chinese-made wal-mart toy, or like one of those transformer robots, or are tiny. (since I am looking for something to use as a stage-prop, the Omnibot or Robie Sr. is the smallest I can go) Anything nice that is still made, they want like 3,000 dollars for (like the RB-1X) Forget it!

I like the classic "Canister-bodied" droid, (like the Omnibots or R2D2) or the square, chunky (like Comro's "Bumpy") wheel or track-driven robots, they look more like classic sci-fi robots to me.

Nothing made today for reasonable price and/or kit form, looks like this.

I hope some robot manufacturer sees this and takes note and starts making something like what I need. (or Tomy reissues the Omnibot 2000 classic for a low price)

I am sure that there are lots of people like me who would want this.

Anthony Trimarchi
Anthony Trimarchi's picture
Im always willing/looking to

Im always willing/looking to purchase Robie Sr's. (Radio Shack Cat No. 60-2398) or Tomy Hearoid/OOM -- Or Robie Junior/Omnibot Jr's. (Radio Shack Cat No. 60-2397A). I collect many things from the 1920s-1980s including Tomy line robots. If have one in "working / non-yellowing" condition I maybe be intersted in buying. Not looking for Omnibot 2000 or MKII. I know their values (since I own and hobbiest with them too and known/dealt with them since 1986) so I know fair pricing (Ive seen people on ebay try and sell them for silly amount of sums ie rip people off). anthonytrimarchi@earthlink.net to contact me. I live in the USA for shipping references. Only if you want to sell/clear them out.

John Bratager
John Bratager's picture
I have stored my Omnibot

I have stored my Omnibot (5200? smaller one) and my Max Steele in the attic now for 20+ years. It's time now to get rid of them to fund some of my daughter's wants. Both of these were working when I stored them and I'll verify that is still the case if you're interested in purchasing. While the robots, remotes, manuals, drink tray, etc. are there, I don't believe I have the original boxes any longer. You can e-mail me if you are interested in either or both of these and I can send along pictures to you.

Thanks,
John Bratager
john.bratager@wmitchell.edu

Botastic
Botastic's picture
WTB Maxx Steele Bot

WTB Maxx Steele Bot

These robots are great fun. I started out with just the basic Omnibot last year and now have the 2000 and a bunch of Omnibot variants. The only big one left is the Maxx Steele. IÂ’m starting my search for a compete Maxx Steel robot. I contacted the person that had one here but it hasnÂ’t gone anyplace. If you have a Maxx that you are looking to off load drop me a line at 5 7 P L Y M O U T H @ L I V E . Com or respond to this thread with info. Condition is negotiable but it needs to be complete with remote.

rich
rich's picture
we have a robie sr in

we have a robie sr in excellent condition 1 owner us,( needs battery )tray remote tape all still in tack plus book

OmnibotMan
OmnibotMan's picture
Im an omnibot expert. They go

Im an omnibot expert. They go for around 50-300 dollars.

omnibotfreak38
omnibotfreak38's picture
Omnibot 5200 is a knockoff of

Omnibot 5200 is a knockoff of the original Omnibot 2000,and yes I have him:)

omnibotfreak38
omnibotfreak38's picture
Omnibot 5200? do you mean

Omnibot 5200? do you mean Omnibot 2000?!

AccidentalRob
AccidentalRob's picture
I have an Omnibot 5402 that I

I have an Omnibot 5402 that I received as a Christmas gift in about 1985. My father put a new battery into it a couple of years ago and its in relatively good condition. However, the remote is shot. Can anyone tell me of a source for a new remote, or is there anyone here selling them? I'd really like to get it going again.

Thanks!

Stealthypotatoes
Stealthypotatoes's picture
Theres one on ebay! right now

Theres one on ebay! right now! i just saw it
and im looking for a omnibot 2000 anyone got? i just want the robot and controller and possibly the tray
if you got email me at
stealthypotatoes@gmail.com
Thanks!

borybosell
borybosell's picture
RebelTaz said: I've never

RebelTaz said: I've never heard of the 5200 either. Maybe the poster meant 5402 instead of 5200? The 5402 is Omnibot 2000's older brother, although he is smaller and a little less developed. Here is a photo of mine: You can go to my web site for more info and an owner's manual for the 5402, if you'd like... www.RobotsAndComputers.com/robots/omnibot.htm [BTW - Mr.Moderator... when I add a picture to a post, if the picture has a transparent background, as most images I use on my site do, why is the image given a pink background to replace the transparent one? This has happened twice before and I always have to reconvert the images to JPG before uploading them. No big deal, just curious...]

I really like your robot. I have never seen this kind of robot. After looking your robot, i have decided to i want to buy this kind of robot but i have no any knowledge for robot, so you give me more information or give me any ideas?

josheppaul
josheppaul's picture
I have never seen these kind

I have never seen these kind of Omnibot before. I really like that Omnibot and after seen that I have decided to get it. So would you like to sell that Omnibot to me?

Omni-phile
Omni-phile's picture
Omnibots sell on ebay for

Omnibots sell on ebay for between $100 and $400, regularly. As both an omnibot and ebay fanatic this knowledge comes from constant monitoring of ebay over years. It is very rare to find one for less than $100 these days(minus shipping costs) unless it is totally trashed and missing big pieces(ie. remote control). Batteries, fuses and various Omni-gear are very easily bought from the website omnibot2k d com. Although the new battery is almost as much as the omnibot at about 30ish bucks. Of course you get the occasional nut on ebay trying to sell one for 2000 dollars, but my numbers are based on auctions that actually sold. Depending on how complete it is and how mint, there are defo people out there buying omnibots for $400. But $100 is standard minimum.

josheppaul
josheppaul's picture
Omni-phile said: Omnibots

Omni-phile said: Omnibots sell on ebay for between $100 and $400, regularly. As both an omnibot and ebay fanatic this knowledge comes from constant monitoring of ebay over years. It is very rare to find one for less than $100 these days(minus shipping costs) unless it is totally trashed and missing big pieces(ie. remote control). Batteries, fuses and various Omni-gear are very easily bought from the website omnibot2k d com. Although the new battery is almost as much as the omnibot at about 30ish bucks. Of course you get the occasional nut on ebay trying to sell one for 2000 dollars, but my numbers are based on auctions that actually sold. Depending on how complete it is and how mint, there are defo people out there buying omnibots for $400. But $100 is standard minimum.

Omni-phile, thanks for given this very useful information, I will surely follow that website omnibot2k d which has been given by you. I hope that  will get it there, if I cen't then I will surely inform you. 

Ella
Ella's picture
Hey, Im looking for an

Hey, Im looking for an Omnibot500. Do those exist?
Thanks!