ROBOQUAD PROBLEM

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
BEN MASHBURN
BEN MASHBURN's picture
ROBOQUAD PROBLEM

HAVE ROBOQUAD THAT SEEMS TO BE IN PROPER WORKING ORDER BUT THE ANIMATION LIGHTS DO NOT COME ON.  BATTERIES ARE GOOD IN BOTH THE BOT AND REMOTE.  SEEMS AS IF EVERYTHING ELSE IS OKAY.  COULD ANYONE OFFER ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO GET THE ANIMATION LIGHTS TO COME ON.  IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THE LIGHTS ARE REALLY NON-FUNCTIONAL.  ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

BJ

Chris 22
Chris 22's picture

I think that you must open the Quad. Check the wires. Maybe is a wire not fixed.
Good luck!

BEN MASHBURN
BEN MASHBURN's picture

APPRECIATE YOUR SUGGESTION CHRIS,

"THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

idrum289
idrum289's picture

It's been a while since my Quad has been on but those lights only come on during certain operations. Do they come on at all?

BEN MASHBURN
BEN MASHBURN's picture

NO. I HAVE NOT YET SEEN ANY LIGHTS COME ON. CAN YOU TELL ME A PARTICULAR OPERATION AND I WILL SURE TRY IT.

APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

BEN

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Ben the 4 LED's on base should come on in any direction you move him. So when you make him walk forward the front LED will come on, Left walk the Left LED comes on and so forth.

The Vdd connection or Anode part of the LED's as all connected to each other and the Cathode connection lead to the CPU(U1) on the board. I would check the Vdd connections first with each of the four (4) LED's to make sure they are all connected to each other. Oh check these connections when the LED's are unpluged from their connector. The connector to these LED's are the BLACK color connector on the main board at J7,J8,J9 and J10. The wire that you need to look at is the GREEN wire on all of the four connectors. If you do not have a short when checking these pins start looking for a bad solder joint or a broken trace. J7 is your lead Vdd so if you don't have any voltage here the rest will not work at all.

To trigger these LED's the CPU (U1) must send out a LOW (Ground) signal to the Black wire to trigger the LED's on, though I do not recommend sending a ground signal to these wires because the CPU may be in a HIGH state at the time and may destroy the I/O pin on U1 or take it out completely.

Here's another way to test each LED to see if they work. Use around 1.5v to 3v and connect the Positive to the Green wire and the Ground to the Black wire but make sure that these LED's that your checking is unplugged from the board. If you find that one LED does not turn on then replace that LED.

Hope this helps ya.

Jax

BEN MASHBURN
BEN MASHBURN's picture

JAX,
REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUGGESTIONS. I WILL START CHECKING HIM OUT.

"THANKS AGAIN"

BEN

GWJax
GWJax's picture

No problem Ben, Just keep us informed on what you find..

Jax

Tony price
Tony price's picture

Subject:My roboquad won't do commands or walk.

Hi, I'm Tony. My roboquad is not working correctly. It seems as if the remote isn't working. I will turn on and let it do it's thing. However, it won't walk or follow any of my commands on the remote. It only smart scans, high stance, & twitch. I'm a hugh wowwee robotics fan. Please help and reply. Thank you!