HELP! how does Your Femisapien stands in the default pose ?

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Okay, tommorow i will get one (shops are aready closed here)
i let you now when its in done.

Thanks,
jp

GWJax
GWJax's picture

GREAT!! I'm waiting for the results..

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Well, its a NO go... there NO difference!!! i solderd it on J19 like you said.
It seems that i cant get a 2.5 meg in the shops here so the offerd me an 2.2 meg and a 300 But, i am not shure the gave me the correct value because when i mesured them i could not get the correct reading!
Tommorow i will try a different shop

in other words i am not conviced (Yet)

JP

GWJax
GWJax's picture

ya a 2.5 meg resistor is hard to find so the 2.2 meg and the 300K put in series should get you close to 2.5 meg 5%. If you installed them both in parallel then the calculations would be off a great bit. when reading the resistors you have to take in that 5% tolerance, make sure you before you buy measure the resistance there and try to get it as close as possible ore go with a military spec of 1% these do cost more but in this case we need to use the calculated values. I was lucky that I had a ton of 1meg resistors to check through and found one dead on the money.

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Oke, i will mesure them before i buy them but, what do you mean by in parallel?

And just to be shure: we are talking about just J19. or J19 and J18 ?

Thanks,
JP

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Just a quick reference to some basic circuit terms...

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_5/1.html

In brief, series resistors are connected together end to end. To add a resistor in series with the existing resistor, you would have to disconnect one end of the existing resistor, and connect the new resistor between the old resistor and the wire that used to be connected to it.

Parallel resistors all have one end connected to the same electrical point, and the other end connected to a different common point. To add a resistor in parallel with the existing resistor, you would connect the two ends of the new resistor to the two ends of the existing resistor.

The total resistance of two resistors is the sum of the individual resistors when in series, and less than either single resistor when in parallel.

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

thanks Scott,
that will come in handy.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Also maybe this photo will help you out when I say Series and Parallel. Do not worry about the ground connected to the resistors I just had to do this for my electronics simulator program but you can get the basic understanding of what happens with these two connections as MrScott had mentioned above.

PM me with your E-mail and I'll send you some papers via E-mail that I have to help you out in understanding Basic Electronics.

Jax

GWJax
GWJax's picture

bastelmeister said:
Oke, i will mesure them before i buy them but, what do you mean by in parallel?
And just to be shure: we are talking about just J19. or J19 and J18 ?
Thanks,
JP

Just R19 for right now to see if that makes a change else we need to reverse the VR's

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Well, i tryed almost every possible conection on the J19: parallel series,top, botom,2.2 meg 2.5 meg whatever! it didnt do a NaDaNothing !

Every girl has a imperfection!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Well this leaves us at the point of replacing or swapping out the VR with each other if you want to take that route. If so It will take me awhile as I stuck on bed rest because of my eye surgery went bad the next day. Once again the eye lost the fluid in it and now I have another surgery to correct the new lens and to remove the glued in contact lens. So if everything goes right then I wil be about a week before I can post how to do the swap over..

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

hey Jax, bummer that your opertation didnt work out as expected.
the waist correction can wait, its not important.
I think its better to focus on your health.

wishing you all the best of luck with your next surgery,

JP

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Well just got back from the doctors and everything has corrected it's self so all he said is no working because I work on copiers and there's alot of lifting and bending over that would put pressure on the eye but I can just hang around the house and do my robotics. So just let me know when you want me to rip down the Femi and swap out the VRs.

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Thats good news about your eye,
and about the waist correction: if you think your up to it, i am interested!
but, are you sure this will do the trick?

JP

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Well we can only try as this mod worked for mine and your VR's are almost opposite of my readings. So I'll start a how-to thread so I can post a gallery of all the pictures for you then guide you and others in this mod. Once I open up another thread I'll post the link here for you so you can find it.

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Thanks Jax, your the best!
i am looking forward to this project.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I have a new calculator that explains the process better and gives you a +-2K variance on the resistor. If the calculator says TRUE then your good to go with that resistor. Hope this helps out a bit more.. and bastelmister the rip down on the VR's exchange is coming this weekend. Again here is the URL for the new version 3.01 calculator : http://www.robocommunity.com/download/16133/2-Resistor-in-Parallel-Calcu...

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

Hey Jax, sorry for the late reply.
A big thanks for your new calculator !!!

I will run my mesurments tru the new calculator

jp

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Great Let me know the results before you solder in the resistors please, Plus I had a lot of things come up this weekend and one thing is repairing my sisters laptop so I hope I'll have that new thread out soon for you in case you need it.

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

No worry`s take your time, like i said: it not realy important ( she works fine )

jp

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

well it seems that i dont get around anything lately but, i used your new calculator and it coms out with: 39 k
some how it doest seem right!?

jp

GWJax
GWJax's picture

No.. When you enter your 9.35K or what ever are you putting it in Ohms as 9350 ohms? and not 9.35

You should be in the 1meg range "1,000,000" or higher or do I have a flaw in my program?

Jax

bastelmeister
bastelmeister's picture

No, i dont think its your program its just me and my lack of in commom sense of electroncs.
What happens if you put my readings tru your calculator?

regards,
jp

Pages