OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 7049.7
February 11, 2009 11:28 PM

Categories: Rovio

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

denodan

Got my Rovio today, and seems to be working great, no major issues, Adhoc was easy. I find nothing wrong with the video and seems ok to me. It's not bright inside out house, but still seems plenty of light, not as bad as people have been saying it is.

Have an issue, works great with Firefox, but internet explorer the video does not work, I get no errors, but says somthing about active x not working, go to Wowee website to see why Active x is not going, did not prompt me to download active x, yet firefox it works.

I don't know how to get Rovio working with internet explorer 8?

Also with Adhoc, even though I got it working fine, everytime I need to go on the internet and disconnect the adhoc connection I always have to go into the internet settings and reput in the addresses again to get my internet connect going, and go back into adhoc have to rechange them to get rovio going.

Is there an easy way so you don't have to chop and change addrees all the time. A bit of a pain.

Othe than that docking is fine and drives ok, but found the defaultt speed settings a bit slow, using the latest firmware and had notice the battery indicator flutuates at times.

Just deleted Internet Explorer 8, so went back to explorer 7 and same problem, no video, no active x even with IE7. As a matter of fact IE7 and 8 both say cannot download active x and refers me to go to the Wowee website for help, but can find nothing.

In IE7 I deleted in the addons all Active X files, restarted IE7 and same, say cannot download active X, yet works perfectly in firefox, got video.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-8 of 8 | Latest Comment

February 14, 2009 11:07 AM

Did you upgrade to the 5.00 firmware? That is what did it for me with IE.

See: http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/14499/IE7-No-Audio-Video/?highlight...

February 14, 2009 12:25 PM

got it working now. Firefox is very slow, IE8 is very fast. Active X is working now as I suddenly got the pop up bar saying want to install Active X?
So did this and now have sound and video in IE8.

Also got the latest Software and eveything is working, the only issue is the battery indicator.It's all over the place.

February 14, 2009 12:36 PM

Mine is the opposite. IE is slow, Firefox and Safari are fast. Odd :)

September 24, 2012 2:36 AM

Sorry, denodan, how did you get it work ? I got the same problem that no prompt asking for installation of the activex control ! And I tried 3 different machines with IE8 or above... all same, no prompt !

Appreicate on any help.

September 24, 2012 2:38 AM updated: September 24, 2012 2:42 AM

By the way, I just couldn't get the prompt on activex control installation under Rovio UI only, all other activex website I am being prompt

September 24, 2012 2:56 AM

I just kept trying and randomly prompted me. I also kept the Rovio app going.

September 24, 2012 3:22 AM

I just simply tried and tried, it never prompt me... just showing me

Can not load live ActiveX control. When prompted by Internet Explorer make sure you chose to install the ActiveX plugin. If after installing the plugin no video is displayedyou may need to refresh this page by pressing F5.

Hence, it never prompt me to install. I triple checked security setting and pop up blocker all being set correctly.

I got prompt with other ActiveX control required site for the installation, only the Rovio is not prompting....

Anyone got any idea ?

September 24, 2012 3:22 AM

I just simply tried and tried, it never prompt me... just showing me

Can not load live ActiveX control. When prompted by Internet Explorer make sure you chose to install the ActiveX plugin. If after installing the plugin no video is displayedyou may need to refresh this page by pressing F5.

Hence, it never prompt me to install. I triple checked security setting and pop up blocker all being set correctly.

I got prompt with other ActiveX control required site for the installation, only the Rovio is not prompting....

Anyone got any idea ?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-8 of 8 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window