OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 3.98965E7
January 23, 2009 09:59 AM

Categories: Rovio

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

my_ROVIO

Since i download and installed the new beta software.I have been unable to remote connect to my rovio.I have had to run setup 4 times and it only last  a few hours.My advice.do NOT use it now.wait till they can stablize the software.Rovio owners do what you will.But for me.I am going back to the 5.07 beta.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 16-30 of 42 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

July 22, 2009 11:52 AM

I have a brand new Rovio which forced me to download new firmware as soon as it was connected. This process all worked as it was described. However, although I can find my Rovio and logon to it. I cannot go further than the password entry. All the Browser says is 404 error. I am not connecting

November 14, 2009 7:50 PM

UnGruntled,

I have the same error / problem. How did you get it solved?

November 15, 2009 12:37 AM

The new Software does not work for my Rovio with Firefox, Starts to run, or setup VLC video and get the blue screen of death everytime, so went back to 5.00 firmware.

November 15, 2009 8:12 AM

Eventually I went back to the basics and DOWLOADED ALL the components again from the WOWWEE site. After I followed the instructions meticulously Rovio worked fine.

Hope this helps, I cannot comment on Firefox, we don't use it.

George (more gruntled now)

View unverified member's comment - posted by Abdulilah

December 22, 2012 8:35 PM

I read these comments,none of it helps to get my rovio up and running.You guys are smarter than i am,but i want my toy to work.Please start at the beginning.I did every thing the maneul said.Driver will not install.cannot get to the interface screen.Tried IP address griven,don"t work.Need help..

January 2, 2013 12:00 AM

hi i also have same problem...
usb thing wont work with windows 7 64 bit...
so i used the ad-hoc but still i cant connect to it....take note i can see my rovio at available network..

i want to make my rovio run guys

thanks

January 10, 2013 6:56 AM

At least I am not alone. Now I know it's not just me or my OS.I went back to my desktop XP,OS and converted it to wireless wifi.Tried to reinstall rivio and got same problem.Rovio failed to connect.checked cable,its good,tried different cable,failed to connect.Need help.

January 10, 2013 7:16 PM

Try doing a reset on your Rovio or you can do an upgrade on it via the USB cable. I would do the Reset first then see if you can access it via the USB cable. One other thing you can try is the USB ports, I have had a Rovio not like a port for some reason. If the hard connection fails then you only other choice is ADHOC. ADHOC is easy but you got to do it right or you will never get it to connect. Remember when doing ADHOC you MUST use the IP's listed in the instructions and you should not have your LAPTOP connected to your router via LAN cable. Many people get confused with ADHOC. ADHOC is where your LAPTOP connects directly to your Rovio.

Rovio Commander IIRecord Video, Motion Detect, Sentry Paths and more. All features built in. http://www.robocommunity.com/download/15769/_New-Rovio-Commander-II/

January 12, 2013 5:28 PM

hi i have successfully make my rovio work with my windows 7 64bit desktop pc and with my windows 7 32bit laptop..

i just install the software on my windows 7 32 bit laptop, i run it with Xp compatibility and on administrator.

The rovio thing only needs to be configure once on a 32 bit system (32bit alone)..

And when you get its main ip...you can access it with any device..

ill just hope that they will come up for 64bit next time...

January 12, 2013 8:09 PM

Good Job....

"ill just hope that they will come up for 64bit next time..." They won't, they are no longer making Rovio's and they might be out of business.

Rovio Commander IIRecord Video, Motion Detect, Sentry Paths and more. All features built in. http://www.robocommunity.com/download/15769/_New-Rovio-Commander-II/

January 13, 2013 5:55 PM

still not enough info.need more.tried all usb ports,will not connect.running out of options.where do I get rovio serviced at?

January 13, 2013 7:12 PM

I don't mean this in a bad way, but do you know anyone that knows more than you about computers and networking?  If so, let them try.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 16-30 of 42 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window