Hello to the RoboCommunity from Ukraine!
I am recently joined the board. Sorry in advance if my english is'nt perfect.
Some time ago I had purchased the Femisapien and Roboquad of course, with the intention to disassemble/reassemble/mod them (do you remember that "disassemble-no reassemble (the grasshopper)" scene from the "Short Circuit" movie? ;)
So, for first contribution, here are some shots of Femisapien's inside:
1. General view w/o the breastplate and with one arm open:
2. Closeup of a torso innards:
3. The arm :
- Only shoulder joint is powered independently. Forearm is actuated by cardan from the same gearbox, that moves shoulder.
- Four-positioned hand-joystick and wrist LED are clearly visible.
4. The torso from another perspective:
- Two motors for shoulders and a VR for lean feft-right movement control.
5. Lean Left-Right motor and speaker on the back.
6. Leg inside:
- Motor and gearbox for leg forward/backward movement (walking).
- The batteries (6xAA) are in "shoes".
7. The head-tilt switch (wery simplistic one, indeed) and the power switch:
8. "Back side of the Moon" err... of the Mainboard:
9. "No Femisapien was harmed during this photosession!"