Rovio battery

318 posts / 0 new
Last post
cowboyctx
cowboyctx's picture
First I have heard of this

First I have heard of this with the stock battery. If it is the wires only then trim it, but if the battery is swollen then replace it. Swollen batteries can become dangerous.

Good Luck.

jfmcgowan
jfmcgowan's picture
I had this same problem. My

I had this same problem. My original blue back must have overcharged or something. It swelled up and lost all ability to hold a charge. It also go hot enough that it actually warped the plastic on the inside of Rovio's battery well.

I just replaced that pack with a new one last nigt (rovio had been a box, unused, for the last 9 months.) Sorry I did not see this post until just now. Details on the battery I used are here:

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/18439/Rovio-battery-pack-alter...

Andrey Sokol
Andrey Sokol's picture
Greetings, I it Russia Moscow

Greetings, I it Russia Moscow, after an hour of charging 30-40мин normal driving
Permanently I read your forum and I upgrade my Rovio,produced in 2011.
I have spykee so at him video the chamber is worse and 240х320мах, and very noisy.

Excuse for my English:(

Andrey Moscow

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
So is the company out of

So is the company out of business? I stopped using my Rovio a couple of years ago due to these battery problems.

Andrey Sokol
Andrey Sokol's picture
Compared Rovio and Spykee,

Compared Rovio and Spykee, Spykee is disappointed in Rovio after a ducking mode completely, Rovio is doubtless better and is made more qualitative, sold Rovio, and Spykee is on duty on the apartment with remote access.

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
Eureka! After reading this

Eureka! After reading this forum I fixed my battery problem. I had left the Rovio dormant for more than a year. I measured the individual cell voltages on my battery under the load of the external headlight option. (under no load they all were 1.2 volts) Most cells were 1.2 volts. Two were .2 volts. I set up the Rovio Commander II for 30 minute charge cycle and let it go overnight. In the AM, All cells full and total voltage 6.9 volts. Then I drove the Rovio around for an hour with still two bars left! I had ordered a 5 amp hour replacement battery but I won't need it now.

albertcolo
albertcolo's picture
What you experienced happened

What you experienced happened to me exactly. In order to solve it, I just put rovio in charging mode and when it was already charged (obviously not charged) after just 10 or 15 minutes, I raised rovio a bit and left it again on the dock to restart the charging. Everytime I did that, the battery charged a little bit more. But what it really made a great improvement was soldering the possitive wire of the dock directly to the external contact of itself where rovio lies. That itself made that my battery now charge up to 3 hours more or less and I have almost 2 hours to enjoy driving my rovio.

I hope my experience can help someone.

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
Yes, and instead of raising

Yes, and instead of raising the Rovio you can turn it off and on again to restart charging.

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
I got my 5000 mA pack from

I got my 5000 mA pack from MAXXPACKS.com 5005H. It is too big to fit in rovio!

HomeTechAssistant
HomeTechAssistant's picture
Hey, Mine didn't fit either

Hey, Mine didn't fit either but I was able to squeeze it in and not use the battery cover. Although exposed, It stays in just fine.

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
Interesting. But I have the

Interesting. But I have the headlight option and it replaces the battery cover.
My 5000 mAh battery mesures 3.0 inches. I see some others that are less.

Boykiko
Boykiko's picture
hi im using have that problem

hi im using have that problem at 1st .. i had found out my rovio is charging only when there is a monitoring screen is open...

but i cant let my PC on for the whole day and night...

so to have a longer battery life i used my android tab app ..( android os dont close there app automatically you need to end that app with app killer)

i just let the app active( just don't end the app)....my rovio runs like 10 to 15 minutes away from dock..

Michaelf33713
Michaelf33713's picture
Hi I was able to find a

Hi I was able to find a replacement battery for my rovio and I didn't have to make any modifications. It is a 3000mAh battery with identical specs as the OEM 5LMH-43SC3000-W-T battery. I have had it for 4 months and my rovio is still going strong! I have posted a link below.

http://www.mpfproducts.com/5lmh-43sc3000-w-t-battery-for-wowwee-rovio-wi...

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
dead link

dead link
"NOT FOUND

The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist."

systemdm
systemdm's picture
Works for me

Works for me

Brucesallen
Brucesallen's picture
Works now!

Works now!

Boykiko
Boykiko's picture
i think the rovio charger is

i think the rovio charger is discharging the battery.... i had try to charge my rovio again with my R/C battery charger and it run for hours with out docking ,but when the battery is at 30% and i make it to dock... with out 30 minutes the battery charge went down fast to 1 bar.....

Now im planing on making a new charger connection of my own.. but for now im trying to add a diode so that the battery will not supply the charger back...

are your rovio still alive?

Pages