Remote controller for RoboQuad

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
cleanfacets
cleanfacets's picture
Remote controller for RoboQuad

I need to purchase a new remote conroller for my RoboQuad so I thought I would send a note out to this group so see what everyone thought about the comparison between the RoboQuad controller (80391) and the Roboremote 8000.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each controller when used with RoboQuad?

While the original controller is good to have, the Roboremote 8000 has software that runs on your computer and you can download commands to the remote controller.

So, what does everyone think?

Thanks in Advance,

cleanfacets

"Robo
"Robo's picture
I don't know a whole lot

I don't know a whole lot about the roboremote but I'm pretty sure you're going to need to have an original RQ remote too. If your RQ isn't out of warranty Wow Wee should send you one for free.

The roboremote is handy but I think you should have an original at hand at all times.

If you can't get a free remote from Wow Wee then I'll do some research on the RoboRemote for you.

RebelTaz
RebelTaz's picture
As a replacement remote, I

As a replacement remote, I would go with the original. The RoboRemote's main purpose is to add the ability to program sequences. With only 12 individual functions available at a time, it's not a very good candidate for a replacement remote.

BTW - the original remote is NOT necessary for using the RoboRemote. The commands are programmed into it through the computer and not from the original remote.

"Robo
"Robo's picture
I agree with that 100 %

I agree with that 100 %

However if you wish to look into the RoboRemote here is your magic link.

And here is another special Wow Wee Link.

cleanfacets
cleanfacets's picture
Thanks a ton there BG and

Thanks a ton there BG and Derek. Looks like I'll get an original remote for my little guy.

Do you know of anyone that has implemented wireless control for a RoboQuad? Maybe getting a microcontroller from TI or Intel and adding 802.15 compatible wireless communications?

Thanks again,
cleanfacets

"Robo
"Robo's picture
Hmmm. No I don't. But if

Hmmm. No I don't. But if you talk to GW Jax he might be able to help you on that subject. Good Luck!

roboboa
roboboa's picture
I agree to get an original RQ

I agree to get an original RQ remote because the roboremote probably might not hold all the commands of the robot and it would turn into a chore to have to keep programming the remote. If you were to get both it might be fun but me i don't care for the roboremote

MrScott
MrScott's picture
It's not clear to me that the

It's not clear to me that the person asking for the opinions, cleanfacets, is still hanging around to hear them three months later.

pattt
pattt's picture
does anyone know were i can

does anyone know were i can buy a new remote in europe for the roboquad
on the website you can only order it if you life in canada or us

robotics
robotics's picture
I have bought Roboquad

I have bought Roboquad without a remote. When I installed batteries and switched it on the robot did not show any vital signs - no lights, no sound, no movement. Is it dead? I was hoping the robot would do something even without a remote.

Do I have to find a specific remote or there is a list of commands that can be downloaded into a generic programmable remote control?
I have an old Sony Clio (similar Palm) that runs Palm OS and can be programmed to control any IR controlled device. Can I use it with Roboquad somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help

deedre
deedre's picture
lost remote for my roboquad

lost remote for my roboquad(80391-white) and wowwee says they have been discontinued! so i can't get replacement and roboremote not a gaurantee that it will work with it and even if did,they said would only allow it to do few things. if you know where i can get one..please reply. thank you

borybosell
borybosell's picture
cleanfacets said: I need to

cleanfacets said: I need to purchase a new remote conroller for my RoboQuad so I thought I would send a note out to this group so see what everyone thought about the comparison between the RoboQuad controller (80391) and the Roboremote 8000. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each controller when used with RoboQuad? While the original controller is good to have, the Roboremote 8000 has software that runs on your computer and you can download commands to the remote controller.  So, what does everyone think?  Thanks in Advance, cleanfacets

I think Roboremote 8000 is best for your robot's remote control. It is cheapest and nice remote. It is main purpose is to add the ability to program sequences and RoboQuad is an implemant for wirless control. 

Jerome248
Jerome248's picture
Hi

Hi

I need a remote for my RoboQuad as it got lost when i moved. Im sure it is out of warrenty already. How much am I looking at +-??
Thnx