OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 912562.0
September 23, 2008 07:47 PM

Categories: Other WowWee Robots

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

cleanfacets

I need to purchase a new remote conroller for my RoboQuad so I thought I would send a note out to this group so see what everyone thought about the comparison between the RoboQuad controller (80391) and the Roboremote 8000.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each controller when used with RoboQuad?

While the original controller is good to have, the Roboremote 8000 has software that runs on your computer and you can download commands to the remote controller.

So, what does everyone think?

Thanks in Advance,

cleanfacets

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-13 of 13 | Latest Comment

September 23, 2008 8:12 PM

I don't know a whole lot about the roboremote but I'm pretty sure you're going to need to have an original RQ remote too. If your RQ isn't out of warranty Wow Wee should send you one for free.

The roboremote is handy but I think you should have an original at hand at all times.

If you can't get a free remote from Wow Wee then I'll do some research on the RoboRemote for you.

Keep the robotic dreams alive,

-BG

September 23, 2008 8:14 PM updated: September 23, 2008 8:16 PM

As a replacement remote, I would go with the original. The RoboRemote's main purpose is to add the ability to program sequences. With only 12 individual functions available at a time, it's not a very good candidate for a replacement remote.

BTW - the original remote is NOT necessary for using the RoboRemote. The commands are programmed into it through the computer and not from the original remote.

Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.com

September 23, 2008 8:16 PM updated: September 23, 2008 8:19 PM

I agree with that 100 %

However if you wish to look into the RoboRemote here is your magic link.

And here is another special Wow Wee Link.

-BG

September 24, 2008 3:43 PM

Thanks a ton there BG and Derek. Looks like I'll get an original remote for my little guy.

Do you know of anyone that has implemented wireless control for a RoboQuad? Maybe getting a microcontroller from TI or Intel and adding 802.15 compatible wireless communications?

Thanks again,
cleanfacets

September 24, 2008 4:09 PM

Hmmm. No I don't. But if you talk to GW Jax he might be able to help you on that subject. Good Luck!

-BG

October 6, 2008 9:48 AM

*** Deleted By Moderator ***

December 25, 2008 4:08 PM

I agree to get an original RQ remote because the roboremote probably might not hold all the commands of the robot and it would turn into a chore to have to keep programming the remote. If you were to get both it might be fun but me i don't care for the roboremote

i started with mini robosapien but now i have 14 wowwee bots

December 25, 2008 5:28 PM

It's not clear to me that the person asking for the opinions, cleanfacets, is still hanging around to hear them three months later.

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

April 14, 2009 9:57 AM

does anyone know were i can buy a new remote in europe for the roboquad
on the website you can only order it if you life in canada or us

September 24, 2011 9:00 PM

I have bought Roboquad without a remote. When I installed batteries and switched it on the robot did not show any vital signs - no lights, no sound, no movement. Is it dead? I was hoping the robot would do something even without a remote.

Do I have to find a specific remote or there is a list of commands that can be downloaded into a generic programmable remote control?
I have an old Sony Clio (similar Palm) that runs Palm OS and can be programmed to control any IR controlled device. Can I use it with Roboquad somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help

View unverified member's comment - posted by deedre

May 24, 2012 1:37 AM

cleanfacets said: I need to purchase a new remote conroller for my RoboQuad so I thought I would send a note out to this group so see what everyone thought about the comparison between the RoboQuad controller (80391) and the Roboremote 8000. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each controller when used with RoboQuad? While the original controller is good to have, the Roboremote 8000 has software that runs on your computer and you can download commands to the remote controller.  So, what does everyone think?  Thanks in Advance, cleanfacets
I think Roboremote 8000 is best for your robot's remote control. It is cheapest and nice remote. It is main purpose is to add the ability to program sequences and RoboQuad is an implemant for wirless control. 

modellbilar is interesting toy

December 23, 2012 4:49 AM

Hi

I need a remote for my RoboQuad as it got lost when i moved. Im sure it is out of warrenty already. How much am I looking at +-??
Thnx

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-13 of 13 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window