Femisapien Hidden Functions - What Have You Discovered?

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
Femisapien Hidden Functions - What Have You Discovered?

Hey everybody!

We recently put out an article showing some fun things that you can do with WowWee's Femisapien...

However, the manual states that there are 59 "hidden" functions for you to discover - so we've hardly scratched the surface!

I'd love to hear from everyone out there how many hidden functions they have found and what Femisapien can do.  Pictures, videos, descriptions, anything that shows her hidden talent.

I'm excited to see what everyone has come up with, happy hunting!

RoboquadFanatic
RoboquadFanatic's picture

About the "Fun thing to try with Femisapien" #5. It is one of the skits mentioned in the manual; specificly the one called "Beep".

Paulh302
Paulh302's picture

I made my Femisapien sneeze by moving her head up and down, but I did not stop there. I keep moving her head up and down to get her to do it two times in a row, but she did not sneeze she seem to say to leave her alone and she put both arm up.

kinakono
kinakono's picture

so far i know:

1) move head up down 1 click for 5 times, make her sneeze. timing is essential, watch her led, it must be lit on each click

2) press down her head for 7 times, she'll make a "erm" sound. this must be done fast, her led must not be lit on each push

3) don't know what i did, while playing with her head, i did manage to do a reset without flipping the on/off switch

4) not sure if this a hidden move: in some modes, just push her joystick hand to activate the move. not necessary to rely on her sensors.

kinakono
kinakono's picture

Paulh302 said: I keep moving her head up and down to get her to do it two times in a row, but she did not sneeze she seem to say to leave her alone and she put both arm up.

that's the reset i mentioned.  the put both arm up is the waking up sequence when u on her for the 1st time.

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

Not a "hidden function", strictly speaking, but one undocumented feature:

1. Power-on the Femi with her head in the middle position (Responsive mode).

2. Turn her head up (to Attentive mode).

3. Wait for a minute or so... (I did not measured the timeout).

4. She will automatically enter the "Conversation" mode, prompting you to talk.

Also here are some observations on  her "Conversation" mode logic:

1. After entering a "Conversation" mode Femi plays a standard "Let's talk" sequence.

2. Then starting to wait for a sound.

3. While sound is detected, she flashes her wrist LEDs in time with sound.

4. When sound finished, she plays randomly selected "talking sequence" and then going to step (2)

4a. It seems that she is responsive mostly to wowels, especially to wowel "A".

4b. It's interesting, that she always respond to hand clap with the same "Obedience" (hands down) sequence. Is she analysing the sound input in some more complex way, then single-bit "yes-or-no"?

5.  If the sound continues for some time without the silence period (wrist LEDs flashing constantly), she became "frustrated", plays the "Unsatisfied" sequence and exits the "Conversation" mode.

Robostuff
Robostuff's picture

Hang her upside down and hold her head down a couple seconds and release, she does a "ahhhh!"

TheJake
TheJake's picture

You push her head down once to reset.
If you push it 8 times she does a what sound.
If you push it 12 times she gets annoyed.

TheJake
TheJake's picture

I did something that change the "one hand wave" reaction from...
- pulling back and saying ow to
- pushing forward and saying ah
but I haven't figured out yet what I did and when I turned her off and on it was reset back to normal. If I figure it out again, I'll post the steps.

TheJake
TheJake's picture

Turns out, on the "one hand wave" post above... it was only a small routine that put in during program mode... when you have something programmed, the one hand wave runs the program... my mistake.

TheJake
TheJake's picture

If you hold Femisapien by the waist, and turn her on her stomach, she will go into her oops fall down routine, but if you spank her a few times before she says oops, she will instead say eek! She will continue to say eek as long as you are spanking her, when you stop, if you leave her in that position, she will go back into the oops routine.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

TheJake said:
If you hold Femisapien by the waist, and turn her on her stomach, she will go into her oops fall down routine, but if you spank her a few times before she says oops, she will instead say eek! She will continue to say eek as long as you are spanking her, when you stop, if you leave her in that position, she will go back into the oops routine.

And, ummm, errrr, just how exactly did you discover this?   Wink

Sintacs
Sintacs's picture

Robostuff said:
Hang her upside down and hold her head down a couple seconds and release, she does a "ahhhh!"

That sounds like an adaptation of her reaction to falling down, thanking you for standing her back up.

Sintacs
Sintacs's picture

TheJake said:

Are you saying she has a sensor in her tush? - "Bad robot. Bad, bad robot!!"

TheJake
TheJake's picture

MrScott...
she was being bad, and had to be punished!! ha Ha HA!!!! Naaa... just spent some time putting her in positions, buttons pushed, buttons held, head positions, etc, etc, etc... trying to find some of these hidden features. There doesn't seem to be many of them being posted.

Sintacs...
It looks like it works in either direction... on her belly... on her back... so, if you flip her and start tapping on her... you get the EEK!

roschler
roschler's picture

As the author of this video, I feel it is in my best interest not to participate in this thread:

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

TheJake said: ... she was being bad, and had to be punished!! ha Ha HA!!!!

Robo-sado-mazo ...??? Surprised  Err... Strange creatures that humans are...

And what about the announced "hidden functions"?

All, that was found for today are rather unusual (and useless) reactions. Not even "easter eggs". Frown 

I think, that "hidden functions" exist only in (unfair) advertisements. Just like Femi's fake "dancing" mode...

Seems, that it should be a good practice not to believe in everything, that is written (especially in WowWee's advertisements).

Sintacs
Sintacs's picture

Sintacs said:

Robostuff said: Hang her upside down and hold her head down a couple seconds and release, she does a "ahhhh!"

That sounds like an adaptation of her reaction to falling down, thanking you for standing her back up.

FOLLOW-UP...

Taking her "Help, I've fallen..." function into consideration, I turned her upside-down and held her about the waist as I reached behind her and flipped her Power switch on.  She started to call on her Reset-to-Zero function, but her "I'm down.." sensor interceded and she started issuing a series of "..ohhh" [or "..ahhh"] cries.

Sintacs
Sintacs's picture

TheJake said: ..you get the "Oh Oh Oh OH" feature when you press up on both hands quickly.

What position should her head be in?

TheJake
TheJake's picture

It's in ATTENTIVE mode... but scratch everything, after a little reading the manual, I find that this is actual a documented feature, the "Wandering Feature".

Jdmtee
Jdmtee's picture

Her head twists left and right too, but doesnt seem to do anything, This hidden function thing is getting a bit frustrating, i suspect wowwee of telling a few porkies... :(

Jdmtee
Jdmtee's picture

Well, i Emailed wowwee and asked them straight...waiting for an answer...

Jdmtee
Jdmtee's picture

Okydoky!

I have received an answer to my email from wowwee! and I quote...

"Ticket No. 19642

Thank you for your interest in WowWee. The 59 features are made up of walking, moving hands (both left and right)...basically the 59 basic functions femisapien can perform.

Sincerely,
WowWee Customer Service"

Righto, so now im confused... it states in the manual (page 6) that there are 53 functions and 59 hidden functions...Im thinking that they -might- have called the manipulation programming in learning mode (ie moving her arms...-beep-) 'hidden functions' if that's indeed the case then I think its pretty poor advertising, Femi is great and I love her, Im hoping Wowwee have more confidence in her than to hint at somthing thats not really there...

Anyhow, I have sent a backup email to the VERY prompt and efficient customer services (top marks for that) so we shall see what the reply is!

-Beep-

Jdmtee
Jdmtee's picture

==deleted===

TheJake
TheJake's picture

I would think that anyone looking in this area, "Femisapien Hidden Functions - What Have You Discovered?", would want to know or they wouldn't be in this area.

Jdmtee
Jdmtee's picture

Well, ok but you are not going to like it, thats why I was a little cagey about it...

Here goes...

According to Wowwee customer service, the hidden functions are mapped to Robosapiens remote, they kindly supplied me with a map of the key functions which I will gladly share with you all but basically its all of her normal functions but using the RSV1 remote. Seems a bit odd to me that the hidden functions are only accessible if you buy an additional robot!?! Seems weak to me, Im not saying I bought Femi just to discover the hidden functions but I hate it when companies do this, try and spice things up with skewed truth.

Maybe they will send me a free RSV1 so I can fully appreciate Femi and all of her functions? ;)

MrScott
MrScott's picture

For $20 you can buy a new RSV1 remote, or the RoboRemote, which includes PC software to construct sequences of robot motions and load them into the RoboRemote.

TheJake
TheJake's picture

OK... so post the map please?

redstorm
redstorm's picture

+1, please post.
im also interested of what can be done via ir interface.
i have found some RSV1 code examples which can be produced with avr+ir-led, for example. indeed, i was waiting for hidden feature in conception unlike "it is a hidden functions until you have a remote" :)

Shai Alyt NEMO
Shai Alyt NEMO's picture

Sorry to disappoint, but I had experimented with IR control of Femi from RSv1 remote (in toy shop), and at home, using my Asus A696 PPC, NoviiRemote and an RSv1 codebase from RebelTaz (http://www.robotsandcomputers.com/robots/IRremotes.htm ). Nothing "secret" or "special" here. Just a standard Femi's functions set. Strangely, some codes  ("LeanBackwards", for example) were totally ignored by Femi when issued from Novii but executed correctly when issued from RSv1 remote.

BTW, you can download from WowWee's site a RoboRemote software (even if you don't have a RoboRemote) and look inside it for a complete list of IR-accessible commands of a Femi.

Jdmtee
Jdmtee's picture

Hi guys, sorry been away a while,

I have to agree, as this is the official line from wowee, I am VERY dissapointed, and it smacks of bad advertising as the only secret is that she can be controlled by robo...

pah...

Pages