Roboquad problems?

61 posts / 0 new
Last post
roboboa
roboboa's picture
Roboquad problems?

I'm planning on getting my own RQ pretty soon and I would like to know any problems that you roboquad owners have or had with any roboquad you've had.

Currahee
Currahee's picture

well my friends roboquad left back leg didn't move, so he took it back and got another one and it been working perfect

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I had a dud remote for my first one, so I took it back. Found another one and it works perfect.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I have 2 and now problems found, although I have one apart for testing new mods.
Jax

roboboa
roboboa's picture

GWJax said:
I have 2 and now problems found, although I have one apart for testing new mods.
Jax

Sweet I hope i get that lucky when i get mine

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I'm sure you will roboboa! and if not give me a ring and I'll help you out with it.

Jax

iquad
iquad's picture

GB,you read my mind!my rq sometimes on high and low batteries.but i hope yo's will be parfect!!!!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

roboboa said:

GWJax said: I have 2 and now problems found, although I have one apart for testing new mods. Jax

Sweet I hope i get that lucky when i get mine

Roboboa you can win one from torsons community in a robot building contest. Commander Peter R. Has a thread up for it telling us about it. I'm not sure where it is bt do a search for Contest and youll find it.

iquad
iquad's picture

hmmmmm... rq mine when he does rool overs he forgets putting one leg in.

roboboa
roboboa's picture

Just got RQ today for Xmas (= i did every thing i could with him he works perfectly even no fall over bug. he even walks on carpet.

thank you for you help
gwjax i just dont care for raffles i'm not what you would call lucky

TikaC
TikaC's picture

Congrats on the new addition! :)

My RQ works great too. Though one time he did fall over when I was trying out the different way he moves with the remote. Landed on his head. LOL! And when in gaurd mode, he keeps flinching over and over again unless he's in low light. Other than that, he works perfectly and is a lot of fun to play around with. :)

roboboa
roboboa's picture

I forgot to mention he's the red sharper image roboquad too

roboquadkev3
roboquadkev3's picture

i miss mine

GWJax
GWJax's picture

roboboa said:
I forgot to mention he's the red sharper image roboquad too

Ya I have one as well that I do mods to and trouble shooting for others with. They are really nice all in red and black trim but all functions are the same on them no matter what the color is.

Jax

Rhodesie1
Rhodesie1's picture

well i have many robots from woo wee and they work fine i have never had to repair them ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Rhodesie1 said:
well i have many robots from woo wee and they work fine i have never had to repair them ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad that I was not the only one to call WowWee "Woo Wee" thanks I really needed that. I'm not poking fun at you because I know this was a typo but I have done that many,many,many times..

Thanks again,

Jax

ps I have to say your very lucky that nothing has gone wrong with your bots..But should they we are here to help.

roboboa
roboboa's picture

Thanks guys

GWJax
GWJax's picture

roboboa said:
Thanks guys

Did all go well with your Quad? I guess it did since you did not report anything bad. I hope you enjoy it and when you are ready for a good and easy hack you should look at 4mem8's Eye upgrade. He has done a very easy to read and easy to follow hack to the eyes in changing them to brighter LED's. Which enhances the look for the Quad.

Jax

roboboa
roboboa's picture

In case you may not know but as my picture that's my little quaddie and remote and I'm not exactly keen to hacking this RQ since ive seem him worth so much in his rare color I've really only seen this color on the internet for a few $100 but maybe if I get the money for a normal white quad.

Lady Royce
Lady Royce's picture

roboboa said: In case you may not know but as my picture that's my little quaddie and remote and I'm not exactly keen to hacking this RQ since ive seem him worth so much in his rare color I've really only seen this color on the internet for a few $100 but maybe if I get the money for a normal white quad.

"Target" sells them in red/black and black/gray in their on line site when they do have them there. Right now, they are out but say they will have more soon.

Lady Donna

roboboa
roboboa's picture

I got mine for $50 at the actual store i saw 1 more but it was gone in a day.

Lady Royce
Lady Royce's picture

roboboa said: I got mine for $60 at the actual store i saw 1 more but it was gone in a day.

My adoptive daughter found one for me on eBay and I was able to snap it up for $35.00 and that is with the shipping included. When I set it lose on "Demo" mode my cats took off like......Well! Scalded cats! They are willing to get along with my Robosapien's V1, V2 and Tri-bot because they look and act a bit human.

But Roboreptile, Robopet and Roboquad are out of the question!  With Robopet, it is the fact that he acts and sounds like a dog and my cats DO NOT LIKE DOGS! Roboreptile bit their noses right out of the box. Roboquad, I had goofed and put him in very nasty mode and he started going after every cat that got within his sight! Needless to say, Quad is on my cats "Do not screw with list!"

I can not wait to see what happens when I am able to get my hands on a Roboraptor, Roboboa (If I can ever find one.) and a Wrex The Dawg.

Like I have said before. With the lot of my toy robots from Japan and China, my cats look at me like "OH MUM!" "Not another one!" and perhaps bash it about a bit. But these Robosapien robots and my vox control R2-D2 are different storys! These bots can chase them back and they do not like it! On the other hand, I think it is very funny!

Lady Donna

GWJax
GWJax's picture

LOL Lady Donna very funny story.. My Sharper Image Quad is still in parts and yes it's the red one.. I keep it like this for testing and troubleshooting for anyone with problems though I have not had the chance to play with any of my bots lately because I'm having trouble with my left hand now and can not pick up and hold things with it because my fingers are curling in on themselves and hurts to do so. I guess it's just age and arthritis really kicking in now. So you may see me on the forums less and less as time goes by..

Jax

milw
milw's picture

Our cats don't care about any of the bots with wheels (R2D2, Wrex, Rovio) but they are really REALLY interested in the Lightstar and Bladestars- maybe it's the high pitched prop noise, or the crazy bouncing action when one bumps into the couch... We're lucky that we haven't yet had a chewed wing!

Sorry to hear about your hand, GW- that must make it hard to type for the forums as well :(

Lady Royce
Lady Royce's picture

GWJax said: LOL Lady Donna very funny story.. My Sharper Image Quad is still in parts and yes it's the red one.. I keep it like this for testing and troubleshooting for anyone with problems though I have not had the chance to play with any of my bots lately because I'm having trouble with my left hand now and can not pick up and hold things with it because my fingers are curling in on themselves and hurts to do so. I guess it's just age and arthritis really kicking in now. So you may see me on the forums less and less as time goes by.. Jax

Luv,

You need to find a good vocal program that lets you talk to your computer and it does what you tell it to do. I know there are several good vocal programs out there luv. I had a good one made by "Dragon Systems" for "AOL" when I was using "Windows 98 SE" that let me control the mouse and say a word and it would type it in fields where typing was needed. (Like this one.) But it is no good to me any more because it will not work with anything above Windows 98.

Please Luv! Please! Go to "Best Buy," "Staples." "Office Depot" or some other office place and see what you can find. OK Luv. 

TikaC
TikaC's picture

GWJax - Sorry to hear about your condition. What OS are you using? Windows XP and Vista both have built in speech recognition in the "Accessibilities" in the Control Panel. I've used it on both XP and Vista computers and I must say that Vista does a better job of speech recognition. I've had to use it sometimes to write email and forum posts. And it's free with the OS so you don't have to go buying anything extra (except a headset/mic if you don't have one already).

I remember one guy who was mostly paralyzed and he would type with a finger or two on one hand and hold a stick in the other one to type with the other one. Took awhile but he got his message out.

Also something that comes with windows is I believe what they call a "keyboard mouse"? Or a keyboard where you can point and type using a mouse instead of the keyboard?

The nice thing about Windows is the accessibility options available. :)

idrum289
idrum289's picture

LOL Lady Royce. Very funny. My cat couldn't care less about my bots. Completely indifferent to them all, including Roboquad.
Hey GW, sad to hear about your ailments. I guess age catches up with all of us. God bless mate, I hope you either get better or not worse if that makes sense!

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

My cats only care when I force them to interact, and even then, only for a little while.

Sorry to hear about your hand problems GWJax (on top of the eye problems). 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Nocturnal, That was the funniest video I've see in a long time!!! thanks for sharing that with us...

@ everyone thanks for your concerns but there is more about me that is bad that I don't want to share at this time. So if you all need any help I'll still be around at times.

@ Commander Pete I still have to finish up on some articles and mods that I have done in the background and will post them as soon as I can..

Jax

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

:) It's an old video I made, it's been posted before. It got a bit of coverage when I first posted it. My favourite description comes from gizmodo "As cool as this hack is, there's something creepy about seeing someone gut a teddy bear and then stuff its lifeless skin with the cold body of a Robosapien."

Lady Royce
Lady Royce's picture

Nocturnal said: :) It's an old video I made, it's been posted before. It got a bit of coverage when I first posted it. My favourite description comes from gizmodo "As cool as this hack is, there's something creepy about seeing someone gut a teddy bear and then stuff its lifeless skin with the cold body of a Robosapien."

Nocturnal,

In that video, it looks like there is a Robopet in the shoot, but the head looks different. Did you mod it by adding a CCD camera in the head's place?

Also, How did you get the RS to "see" the IR from the remote with the teddy skin over the RS head?

Lady Donna

Pages