OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 252501.0
July 12, 2008 11:46 PM

Categories: Tri-bot

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

nicerobot

I just happened to wonder into my nieghborhood Radio Shack (near San Francisco) and was shocked to see three tri-bots on one of the shelves - surprising considering not even the wowwee store has this guy yet.    I'm going to assume Radio Shack must have a first release  deal with wowwee like they did with the Flytech - or maybe they just got it first.  Oddly I couldn't find it anywhere on the RS website.   

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-6 of 6 | Latest Comment

July 13, 2008 2:16 AM

Have you seen the thread "tribot in australia"? There doesn't seem to be a pattern. Anyway click this link...
http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/13644/tribot-in-australia/

The cure for this disease is lack of money. It doesn't stop the itch though.

July 13, 2008 8:22 PM updated: July 13, 2008 8:29 PM

Yeah I saw that thread. But sometimes in the states wowweemake deals with some of the retailers to exclusively carry the thing a month or two before anybody else does. Most recently US Target stores had bladstar exclusively for 2 months before everybody else. But yeah I don't know about Tri-Bot...I just haven't seen it anywhere else including WowWee store other than radio shack - maybe that will change in the coming weeks. Radio Shack also have Tri-Bot & Rex minis on sale.

At any rate I definitely thing Tri-Bot looks cool. Having just seen pictures on the internet prior I wasn't sure if I'd like him but he was definitely very appealing in person - especially with those interesting "gorilla" hands LOL. As soon as I get some extra cash, I'll get one...

July 13, 2008 8:59 PM

They do something similar here occasionally.

RoboGuide - Your guide to hacking all things WowWee

August 14, 2008 3:17 PM

they also have the minis

August 14, 2008 3:58 PM

KMart had both the full-size and mini TriBot the other day. They also had the Femisapien mini, and the Alive lion cub.

Watch out, don't step in the anthropomorphization.

December 8, 2008 1:26 AM

I just bought my son a Tri-bot today at Radio Shack for $69. So much cheaper than I thought I would pay. Can't wait until xmas to see the excitement!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-6 of 6 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window