Femisapien SDK

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
baboalex
baboalex's picture
Femisapien SDK

Hi everyone,
I'm a complete n00b to the whole Robo community.

I was curious about some of the features of the Femisapien.

In particular, will there be an SDK?

I am interested in having the Femisapien acquire a few of the features of the Chatterbots. In particular, simple email notifications, perhaps Twitter, appointment reminders.

I'd love to walk into the room and say "Check my email."

However, if the Femisapien does not have a USB connection, this is pretty much impossible, right?

Thanks in advance!

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I expect she's a "closed system". No PC connection at all.

baboalex
baboalex's picture

Oh well, one can dream. ^_^V

Even an SD media slot would be incredible with cards like the EyeFi http://www.eye.fi/products/home/

rybuger1
rybuger1's picture

If you have a I/R transmitter you could do that, because you can control the FemiSapien using the V1`s I/R codes.

milw
milw's picture

Well, no-one has looked inside of Femisapien yet, but there is no external data access, that's for sure. No remote either, but she does have an IR receiver.

rybuger1
rybuger1's picture

Milw, have you tried to contol her with the V1 controler?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

The ability to call up hard wired movements and sound FX with an IR remote is a far cry from a Software Development Kit.

rybuger1
rybuger1's picture

I know, but with some work it could do what Baboalex had in mind.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

It will take a lot more than software to make it happen.

That's my point.

Putting a remote computer in charge of making the FemiSapien go through its standard shtick, will not provide the ability to ask the robot about your e-mail.

You might be able to ask the computer, and the computer might answer by having a preprogrammed event triggered on the FemiSapien.

rybuger1
rybuger1's picture

For some reason I thought Baboalex just wanted FemiSapien to do something when they received a email.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

That's not how I interpreted the statement

'I'd love to walk into the room and say "Check my email."'

baboalex
baboalex's picture

I think I might be asking for a little too much from a first edition model *^^*

I was aiming for something along the lines of what one may do with OS X : http://lifehacker.com/software/speech-recognition/hack-attack-make-your-...

Except I would be talking with the Femisapien instead of a plain computer mic.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great product! I just didn't know if it had specs similar to the RS Media: USB 1.1, 40Mb flash memory, SD Card slot up to 1Gb, etc.