OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 213340.0
March 26, 2008 12:52 PM

Categories: Community Feedback

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Peter Redmer

Administrator

Attention everyone - we've made some great updates to the site that we'd like you all to know about.

Click here for the full details on Image Galleries and the other great improvements to the site! 

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-12 of 12 | Latest Comment

March 26, 2008 8:07 PM

I'm missing something, somewhere, with respect to these galleries.

I uploaded some images into a thread this evening. I spent some time looking for gallery hooks and options, but couldn't find anything.

Me so ignorant.

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

March 26, 2008 8:10 PM

Your not the only one.

RoboGuide - Your guide to hacking all things WowWee

March 26, 2008 8:16 PM

Ahhhh, now I see it. I assume you have to own the thread or whatever to have access to the gallery. I also assume you can only add an image gallery to an already existing item.

If you've got any unpublished articles or published articles, when you view them, next to the edit button at the top is a create gallery button. Same goes for threads.

March 26, 2008 8:30 PM

Okay.... I've confirmed I see a "Create Gallery" at the top of a thread that I created (SnowBot).

I have an unpublished article that does not have a Create Gallery button visible next to the Edit button.

I also don't see any way to add or access a gallery if I'm in somebody else's thread and want to start a gallery of pics for it. 

March 26, 2008 8:35 PM

You have to actually view the unplublished item, by clicking on the title, at the top, along with the edit, delete and submit buttons, should be the create gallery.

I could be wrong though, all of my items have images in them. Perhaps it doesn't show up if you don't have images. 

March 27, 2008 10:55 AM

The link should show up even if you don't have any images in the content item - for example, I see a link to create a gallery for this thread, but I didn't upload any images.

You are correct that the original owner of the content item must be the one to create/manage/update the gallery.

If you are doing all the right stuff and still don't see a "create gallery" link, let me know!

Keep the ideas and comments coming on this, I'm really excited about this feature and want to make sure it's working well for everyone.

Pete

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

March 27, 2008 11:25 AM

The only non-intuitive part of gallery use that I saw was that there was no "create gallery" option at the top of screen when creating a thread.  It appears the thread has to be created before a gallery can be created. Once a thread is created, the "Create Gallery" appears right next to the "Edit" option for the top post. After the gallery is created, the "Create" option is replaced by "Edit Gallery".

Not a big deal, but it's probably worth mentioning in whatever "HowTo Use a Gallery" writeups that might appear. 

March 30, 2008 8:02 AM

I noticed that image galleries have a description (not to be confused with the descriptions of the individual images), where exactly is this description used?

March 31, 2008 9:58 AM

Right now, the separate gallery description is not being used, but may be used in possible features in the future - so if you want to type in a separate description, feel free.  It will auto-fill with text from the post if you choose not to use it.

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

October 6, 2008 9:32 AM

*** Deleted By Moderator ***

April 30, 2009 11:51 PM updated: April 30, 2009 11:51 PM

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/15894/Rovio-fire-extinguisher/#37711

Perhaps you could do something about this. After all, usability is not just a buzz word.

June 15, 2012 3:57 AM

I have seen that there are very cool information on image galleries has been given by you through this link. I really like this article.

helicoptere RC is one of the cheapest toy

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-12 of 12 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window