WowWee RSV2 replacement delays due to defects

78 posts / 0 new
Last post
NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
Not at all, Garould, this has

Not at all, Garould, this has happened before (people thought it was me) since the picture is so small, unless you click on it, then you can see it better.

BTW, I sincerly hope that things work out with your RSV2 issue and WowWee.

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
Garould said: I've been

Garould said: I've been putting the company name to shame over on my facebook page

Do you have a link for the Facebook page you're talking about?

Update: geo_1964@yahoo.com  At facebook

Thanks

Garould
Garould's picture
You Know I own 3 robosapien

You Know I own 3 robosapien original V1's one I gave to my step daughter 1 and I kept 2 for myself I was thrilled when they came out BAM I BOUGHT 3 I moved them about with 1 controller playing with my cats they flipped they were intimidated at first And they now love these things as much as I do. then the RSv2 came out I went right out and perchassed 1 right away...at first it was amazing,Best toy I had ever seen DID not have allot of time to mess with him so I removed the batteries and stored him on the display shelf and that is where he had been for a year last week I went out and bought brand new duracells,and installed them,And that is When I Learned the horrible truth...I hope this company makes this thing right for ALL OF US!!!

steve_cb88
steve_cb88's picture
Garould,

Garould,
Write to this address: customersupport@wowwee.com

Include the serial number which is on a sticker inside one of the battery compartments.
Calmly explain what happened and wait for their answer. Copy your email to them and send it out once every 3 days until you get a response back.
Courtesy makes a big difference in whether they respond favorably or not. This is how I got my replacement. I got it surprisingly fast. I am confident the company will make it right by you (and anyone else who takes the time to write in to them).

Garould
Garould's picture
I've tried to contact the

I've tried to contact the 1800 line many times but it never happened so I've sent the Email stating my Item# 8091 but I have not heard nothing yet...you would think they could at least send me back an Email, And That is why I'm sounding so very angry sorry for offending any one but I am a little OFFENDED MYSELF G.

steve_cb88
steve_cb88's picture
Michelle C said: Anyone who

Michelle C said: Anyone who has a Robosapien V2 with crumbling feet wires can contact WowWee customer service if you have a receipt for the item from an authorized retailer, regardless of when you purchased the item.

I certainly understand your frustration, Garould.  A lot of us went through this too.  Only a few that I know of have followed through with trying to obtain their replacement however.  The rest have prematurely written Wowwee off, and have pretty much blown the whole scenario way out of proportion.

Michelle is, I believe, a rep for Wowwee and as you see, has stated that they are STILL sending out replacements for those patient enough to persue.

Like I say, Garould......don't give up that easy.  Bare with it and eventually (provided stock remains) you will get a replacement.  If I recall correctly, They have stopped production of this unit, but may still be producing small quantities to make the replacements with.  I can't swear to this though.  Michelle could best answer that.

Keep the faith and KEEP TRYING. 

Also, I had NO luck with the 1-800 number either.  I got the customersupport@wowwee.com addy from this site and that is how I found success.

steve_cb88
steve_cb88's picture
No Garould. There is a white

No Garould. There is a white piece of paper with the serial number inside on of the feet in ther battery compartment. That is the number you need. If there is a sticker on your owners manual with the serial number on it, I would double check to make sure it coincided with the one inside the battery compartment in the bottom of one of the feet. This will get the ball rolling for you. I would email a copy of your message every 2 or 3 days. Let me know what happens. If you want to private message me your email address (I am not on facebook) I can send you a copy of MY letter to them so you can get an idea of how I did it.

steve_cb88
steve_cb88's picture
Garould...you got mail!

Garould...you got mail!

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
steve_cb88 said:  Like I say,

steve_cb88 said:  Like I say, Garould......don't give up that easy.

It looks quite clear to me that, Garould, is not the type that gives up that easy. One only needs to look at this thread and all of his posts. Laughing

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
steve_cb88 said: Keep the

steve_cb88 said: Keep the faith and KEEP TRYING.

This can be said of lottery also -- just stay clear of lightning...

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
Garould said: on a totally

Garould said: on a totally different subject has anyone ever seen a movie called (WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR)?

If you start a thread in the Off Topic section, I'll tell you about it.Wink

Cheers

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
NanoTek said:

NanoTek said:

Garould said: on a totally different subject has anyone ever seen a movie called (WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR)?

If you start a thread in the Off Topic section, I'll tell you about it.Wink
Cheers

Check your mail.

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
For anyone coming across this

For anyone coming across this thread, I would like to quote something Garould said during this conversation:

Garould said:

"I've tried to contact the 1800 line many times but it never
happened so I've sent the Email stating my Item# 8091 but I have
not heard nothing yet...you would think they could at least send me
back an Email, And That is why I'm sounding so very angry sorry
for offending any one but I am a little OFFENDED MYSELF G."

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
NanoTek said:

NanoTek said:
For anyone coming across this thread, I would like to quote something Garould said during this conversation:
Garould said:
"I've tried to contact the 1800 line many times but it never
happened so I've sent the Email stating my Item# 8091 but I have
not heard nothing yet...you would think they could at least send me
back an Email, And That is why I'm sounding so very angry sorry
for offending any one but I am a little OFFENDED MYSELF G."

I am also posting this video (Robosapien Fire Hazard) of YouTube's PunditDave where he writes:

"I contacted WowWee, but all they wanted to know is if I had a receipt. This robot is a serious fire hazard and should be removed from your home."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJLgmG8PUk

Michelle C
Michelle C's picture
I'd like to go on the record

I'd like to go on the record that for the most part, customers who seem to "not hear back from Customer Service" have the replies from WowWee Customer Service filtered into their junk mail folders as spam, or for some other reason, even get blocked by ISPs.

If you don't receive an email from Customer Service with 48 business hours, you can log back into the system at anytime to view your existing ticket with them, by going here:

http://www.wowwee.com/en/support

and at the bottom right-hand corner, look for the Support Login area, and log in with your credentials.

Hope this helps.

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
For more records, look back

For more records, look back on the previous posts and throughout the forum.

Hope this helps.

StunningD
StunningD's picture
Interesting thread. I

Interesting thread. I purchased a RSV2 new in box from Ebay about a month ago.It really was a new in box product. I put batteries in him and he ran for about 2 minutes and then said "Brain batteries low. Shutting down." Not 5 seconds later I smelled burning electronics and smoke was rising out of his chest cavity. I quickly removed the batteries and the ones in his right foot were so hot I couldn't even touch them. They were new batteries.The smoke kept coming out of him for about 2 or 3 minutes. Thankful enough, Ebay had me send it back to who I bought it from and refunded the cost of the RSV2 and the shipping. It was quite a bummer but, a week later I got my hands on an RS Media. I thought maybe it was a problem with how the item may have been stored but after reading the thread I think there was some bad wiring somewhere. I am so careful with my RS Media because I don't want the same thing to happen that everytime he says the brain batteries are low I have a panic attack :-@

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture
Where there's smoke, there's

Where there's smoke, there's fire... homes, children, elderly, pets... That's the part eBay wouldn't be able to do much about, should there be a tragedy.

StunningD
StunningD's picture
Well, in hind-site NanoTek, I

Well, in hind-site NanoTek, I should have done a little more research first before I purchased it. Seems a darn shame though that the problem that they seem to have should have been discovered before it hit the shelves. I would have thought that there would have been more random testing on batches to ensure that they functioned properly.

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture

The ice is increasingly getting thinner for WowWee and their "mistakes" -- they may soon "Wow" themselves.

theinterceptor
theinterceptor's picture
Michelle C said: I'd like to

Michelle C said: I'd like to go on the record that for the most part, customers who seem to "not hear back from Customer Service" have the replies from WowWee Customer Service filtered into their junk mail folders as spam, or for some other reason, even get blocked by ISPs. If you don't receive an email from Customer Service with 48 business hours, you can log back into the system at anytime to view your existing ticket with them, by going here: http://www.wowwee.com/en/support and at the bottom right-hand corner, look for the Support Login area, and log in with your credentials. Hope this helps.

I opened a ticket exactly a week ago with WowWee.com and so far, no response whatsoever. Please advise, Michelle C.

Oh, and no email has been blocked, deleted or filtered by me, my ISP or my Robosapien.

Thanks

milouy90
milouy90's picture
hey. wair do u get the

hey. wair do u get the replacement rsv2?!?!

milouy90
milouy90's picture
.p.s. i am 7 ers

.p.s. i am 7 ers

runescapegogo001
runescapegogo001's picture
runescape are grateful for

runescape are grateful for its fans runescapegogo-com and supporters so runescape could achieve such a big successhttp:http://www-guildwarsize-com/Buy-Gold-Usd-html This success is also owe to the wonderful aion http://www-innicc-com/Runescape.aspx

runescapegogo001
runescapegogo001's picture
runescape are grateful for

runescape are grateful for its fans www-guildwarsize-com www-innicc-com www-runescapegogo-com www-cn2un-com www-runescapewi-com

rsv2 survivior
rsv2 survivior's picture
hi just like alot of people

hi just like alot of people years ago i got interested in the rsv2 and bought one. and like so many went through the same problems finally sending it back and forgot about it for years,then recently i happened to go on ebay and saw a rsv2 that was black and silver . never saw this color before when i was buying bots so i thought after all these years why not try to get it back in my collection again.so i won the bid and got it.after i got it i had thoughts maybe it was a bad idea and i was going to relive the v2 nightmare again. so i turned it on and started to go through all the programs . i ran the piss out of this bot for a couple of weeks and i"m glad to report the bot took a licking and yes is still ticking. i thought maybe it;s just a fluke but when i bought another one i had the same results. maybe there's somthing about this color variation thats different from the others. i'm not sure i think this one was exclusive for linen n things stores. glad to have a v2 back in my collection again and hope my luck continues.

rsv2 survivior
rsv2 survivior's picture
hi i;m new to your link but

hi i;m new to your link but not to the rsv2 nightmares. when woowee first came on the seen i wpersonseeing this color when i was buying so i said why not and bought it.when i recieved it in the mail my first thoughts were did i make a big mistake again. well i'm glad to report the bot took a lick'in and yes is still ticking. i ran the hell out of this bot for 3 weeks and not a single glitch out of it. I thought maybe this was just a fluke but when i bought another with the same results i thought maybe there's somthing different about these black and silver ones. checking the wiring out showed no break down of insulation as in so many of these bots in the past. i'm glad to finally get this bot back in my collection again. what i'd like to know has anyone come across the same situation with this color bot or am i just one lucky person who hit the rsv2 lottery

Pages