OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 8432880.0
February 1, 2008 11:39 AM

Categories: Robot Hacks and Mods Other WowWee Robots

Rating (2 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

I,robot114

Has any one found any robopanda hacks?

i've thought of changing the LEDs in its eyes.

How about installing an IR sensor in one of the eyes??

I've just thought about these, i'm too afraid of breaking my little panda.

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 258 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 418 Next »

February 1, 2008 5:27 PM

There is already an IR sensor in the eye, if you look close at his... left (I think) eye when he is off, you should be able to see it.

RoboGuide - Your guide to hacking all things WowWee

February 6, 2008 4:05 PM

Then why does Wowwee not mention this on the package??(:^o

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

February 6, 2008 4:26 PM

Why would they?

February 7, 2008 2:43 PM

I don't know but they mentioned it on the roboreptiles package.(:^0

February 7, 2008 5:46 PM

I think they said IR Vision, which is different.

February 8, 2008 11:03 AM

Whats the diffrence??(:^0

February 8, 2008 1:42 PM

An IR receiver isn't IR vision. Vision requires an emitter and a receiver (at least one of each) to "bounce" the signal off an object and get that signal back. The quicker the IR signal sent by the emitter is received back, the closer the object in question is in proximity. A little bit of math can tell the robot a semi accurate distance measurement, if the software has been set up to do that.

Perhaps Panda's receiver is in preperation for the impending programmable remote?

Watch out, don't step in the anthropomorphization.

February 8, 2008 1:58 PM

That's my guess too. has anyone tried shooting panda with any of the remotes?

February 8, 2008 5:38 PM

Oh, it also has a IR emitter in the other eye.

February 8, 2008 8:47 PM

Perhaps they're in place for a future firmware upgrade to give your Panda the ability to Tivo Animal Planet.

I can't bring myself to spend the money on the Panda to find out the answers to these wonderments. Maybe if my kid showed any interest in it at all I would... 

Watch out, don't step in the anthropomorphization.

May 12, 2008 4:13 PM

If someone interested in RoboPanda reverse engineering/hacking - check out http://sevik.org/robopanda

There is work in progress, but some results already achieved :))

Free RoboPanda!!! :)

Yes! If something has a dump, it must be hacked :))

May 13, 2008 7:17 AM

Wow, that's very impressive Sevik! Do you have any videos of him saying something new? And would you consider posting a picture of your dev board and emulator cartridge in this thread? It will take a long time for me to read and truly understand all that you've figured out, but definitely a very nice job!

May 13, 2008 7:57 AM

Sevik is not quite that far along yet. Exactly how the audio is formated is still in question.

May 13, 2008 8:48 AM updated: May 13, 2008 8:49 AM

This is not such an easy task :)

But we are moving :)

Hope to get attention of some more than 3 capable persons to this task... :)

About audio - I hope that some of codecs (only 2 seen in stock cartridges ) can be uncompressed PCM :))

Free RoboPanda!!! :)

Yes! If something has a dump, it must be hacked :))

May 13, 2008 9:31 AM

sevik said: ...Hope to get attention of some more than 3 capable persons to this task... :) ...
Are you working on this with other people, and are you asking for more people to help? It sounds like Nocturnal is already working with you perhaps?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 258 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 418 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window