OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 394448.0
January 29, 2008 01:23 PM

Categories: General Robotics

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Robofan6

Hi!

I'm a new member, and this is my first article. Undecided

Anyway, here's my question: what can your robot do?

You know, anything you've discovered about it ( no mods or hacks ). Such things can include:

• secret interactions ( ones NOT mentioned in the instructions)Sealed
  • interaction secrets ( what hapens )Surprised
  • prices and deals (you get this one )Money mouth
  • ANY problems ( I might be able to help )CryYell

And please, no arguments ( corrections are OK - I make them too )

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 24 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

January 29, 2008 2:44 PM

First of all welcome to the community! i welcome all the new members i can by sending them a private message so check your inbox.Laughing

Second, lets get to business, Have you noticed that under one of robopandas eyes is what looks like an Vision sensor, its not in the other eye, nad to be sure i'm not entirely sure what it does.Undecided

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

January 29, 2008 2:58 PM

I also welcome you onboard.

Technically, this is your first "thread". An "article" is a different animal, and we have those, too. Perhaps you submitted this as an article, but it got converted to a thread by the admins.

If you haven't already done so, you can find a lot of information about what other people have discovered by doing searches for specific keywords.

For instance, if you wanted to know about what WowWee calls the "interaction" behaviors, you could search on "interaction" as a keyword and get a list of all the threads and articles that mention that.

http://www.robocommunity.com/search?search=interaction 

The more specific your keyword search, the more specific the resulting list will be. 

One nice thing about the result lists from searches is that you can choose to order the list by Relevance, Date, Score, or Last Post.

Score sorting can help bubble well scored threads to the top of the list. A thread's score is calculated from a complex function of who started it, who commented on it, how many people read it, and which direction the wind blows on alternate Tuesdays. Laughing

There's lots of good information out there. It makes a great leaping off point for revisiting old discussions or discovering new information. 

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

January 30, 2008 7:34 PM

Thanks guys!Smile

View unverified member's comment - posted by andew

January 30, 2008 9:07 PM

Thanks. See that thing in the upper-right corner? That's  "Darth Patrick" with some Clone Troopers on a speeder

January 30, 2008 9:10 PM

Have you guys heard of the I-Robot? Sharper Image or the Discovery Store has it. I don't.

January 30, 2008 10:41 PM

iRobot the company has a bunch of models, the Roomba, Scooba, the Luge gutter cleaner (got get me one of those for sure!), the Create platform... and coming soon, the Rovio competitor ConnectIR! Is that what you meant?

oh and Darth Patrick, he isn't pink and 5 pointed by any chance? I can't believe Lego bought into the SpongeBob franchise! 

January 31, 2008 10:08 AM

my roboquad fight whit my robochi's, and do cry to my sisters.

January 31, 2008 8:38 PM

They sure did! I have the Krusty Krab set and the magnet set. Did you know that combining SpongeBob and Squidward you can make "SquidBob TentaclePants"? Anyway, back to the topic.

February 11, 2008 8:03 PM

SORRY!!    I guess its actually called the I-SOBOT. I would make this a link, but I don't know how to. Try the shop section of Robocommunity --> then click on any robot --> then scroll down on the new page --> then you'll find him. Good luck!      P.S. Here are some pictures: -->  -->  -->     That last one he's doing the splits. Ouch!!

February 12, 2008 10:39 AM

My roboquad attacks my brother.  Because my brother is always calling RQ silly and stupid.  So RQ goes after him as a for legged assasin!

Keep the robotic dreams,
-BG
http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12811/Cool-Programs-To-Use-For-Roboquad-...

View unverified member's comment - posted by somia

October 6, 2008 12:35 PM

somia said: i need to write about a robot that can do chores. idon't know what to write please help me

Seems simple enough. I suggest you write about the robots that can do chores.

The Irobot examples are listed earlier in this thread. 

Other than that, Google is your friend. Look it up. Find references. Read about it. Write about it.

Let me type the search for you....

http://www.google.com/search?q=robots+that+do+chores

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

October 7, 2008 11:36 AM

as mr scott said,G is your friend.

RQ THE GREAT=IQUAD[OU]

ROBOTICS IS MY LIfe!!!badhoboses.
roboquad 4 eternity!!
robots are the future!!!
my robots-[in short form]-rq'robop;rsv2,rsv1;rsm,roborap,roborep.

October 7, 2008 4:14 PM

Roboquad rules. End of subject.

Keep the robotic dreams alive,

-BG

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 24 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window