OUR NETWORK: TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 711940.0
January 28, 2008 10:13 AM

Categories: News, Rumors and Gossip Other WowWee Robots

Rating (2 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Peter Redmer

Administrator

This little mutt is certainly the alpha of the pack as he boldly steps up to RoboQuad. Watch this nail-biting deathmatch of intelligent robotic design facing off with cute canine aggression - all to familiar 8-bit tunes!

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 16-30 of 39 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

January 30, 2008 8:50 AM

MrScott said: Very humorous. Did you happen to see this related video on the YouTube page for the above movie?

I saw this YouTube movie a few months ago and I find it very uncalled for.  Talk about robot cruelty! 

RoboQuad: man's best friend

RoboTrendZ√?¬?√?¬? (unofficially) by Zoe

January 30, 2008 8:53 AM

His dog. His robot. His choice.

There's no Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Toys.

The original Toy Story movie made some social commentary on that topic. 

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

January 30, 2008 4:40 PM

I still love those video's. Now only if I could get my dogs do that too, I'd have too give the quad some more defence for him. maybe a lens wiper would work to wipe off the slober, and a laser pointer to distract the puppy and then go for the take down.LOL GWJax

GWJax, To Hack and make mods on robots is a life style and comes natural and not by choice. If a robot has a screw to open it then it must be opened!

January 30, 2008 10:47 PM

Do you think adding a wagging tail to RQ would make it more fun for the pups? Or, for the cats, a twitching tail and some fold-backable ears, combined with a bit of yowling! Deployable catnip is a great idea too...

January 31, 2008 3:52 PM

Deployable catnip... Via CO2 cannon? Mwahahaha

I can just picture it. Kitty attacks RQ, RQ says "Launch Countermeasures!" and blasts a wad of catnip (or several, sequentially from each side) before heading for the hills. 

Watch out, don't step in the anthropomorphization.

January 31, 2008 5:31 PM

yeah, lets call it the 'Catnip Cannon'! I think 12 gauge barrels should be about the right size...

January 31, 2008 6:02 PM

milw said: Do you think adding a wagging tail to RQ would make it more fun for the pups? Or, for the cats, a twitching tail and some fold-backable ears, combined with a bit of yowling! Deployable catnip is a great idea too...
Yea and I guess we could call it a RoboQuadaCat.LOL GWJax

GWJax, To Hack and make mods on robots is a life style and comes natural and not by choice. If a robot has a screw to open it then it must be opened!

January 31, 2008 8:23 PM

I LOVE the catnip cannon... although the cat I used to have would definitely figure out the trick.  I could see her watching the bag of catnip fly right past her, look back at it, and then back at me - with that look that says "Yeah, right!"  Some cats are really sharp...

If anyone builds the catnip cannon, we just have to see it... 

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

January 31, 2008 9:31 PM

HUMMMMM! I'll have to do something about this Pete. GWJax

February 3, 2008 1:56 PM

Hey Peter!  I challenge your roboquad to take on your puppy again!  I want to see little RQ kick some K9 butt!

Keep the robotic dreams,
-BG
http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12811/Cool-Programs-To-Use-For-Roboquad-...

February 15, 2008 4:04 PM

Did anyone look at the Spidersapian vid? .....Creepy(:^0

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

February 15, 2008 5:04 PM

the movie is awsome.

February 15, 2008 9:25 PM

SEquel Please!

Keep the robotic dreams,
-BG
http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12811/Cool-Programs-To-Use-For-Roboquad-...

July 16, 2008 11:44 AM

This video actually persuaded me to purchase the alledged "ROBOQUAD" Hope it worth me money!

J. T.
The Toad Man
Many people hate toads, yet many people love toads. How 'bout you?

July 16, 2008 6:32 PM

i like the video

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 16-30 of 39 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window