OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 101820.0
January 21, 2008 12:22 AM

Categories: Other WowWee Robots

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Bender

First I gotta say in my "personal" opinion..
I REALLY love the appearance of RQ & RB..
cuz..you know.. they don't pretend to be like a livin creature.
They just are what they are..a ROBOT.

So the thing is.. I'd really love to get both,but for now I just have to choose one.

And I'm gettin confused.

My mind is more to RQ(since it looks more flexible and the appearance and the 14feet 'scan' thingy).. But RB's features like 'alarm' and by watching the DEMO video
where it actually follows the hand when you move in front of it..looks so cool.
And I'm really hopin that when I get one of these two..it'll get along with my cat.

So I need some advice. Which one would you suggest?

the RoboQuad or the RoboBoa?
(I read enough reviews..I need to here some personal exp. it would help me out a lot:)

Damn the expense

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 29 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

January 22, 2008 6:34 PM

RoboQuad for me, You could alway add those features with a mod if you into that. GWJax

GWJax, To Hack and make mods on robots is a life style and comes natural and not by choice. If a robot has a screw to open it then it must be opened!

January 22, 2008 6:42 PM

GWJax said: RoboQuad for me, You could alway add those features with a mod if you into that. GWJax

Thanx for your advice. I think I am actually gonna go for RQ.
The Boa still looks like a proto-type to me.

Anyways~  I have to say I am really into modding but I'm not good at it.
So you know I really would like get some help here :)
And I found this solar panel and am still thinkin if I could use it for something.
Any good Ideas?

Damn the expense

January 23, 2008 3:59 PM

RQ for me he is really cool.  Has Roboboa come out yet?  He is not on the Wow Wee website.

Keep the robotic dreams,
-BG
http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12811/Cool-Programs-To-Use-For-Roboquad-...

January 23, 2008 4:49 PM

Not yet a mainline product though it's out in several countries already. Best tip I can give is to have the salesperson demo both to you & try both out yourself as well before deciding. Usually at that point your gut will tell you which to go for :)

Check this thread :

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/11831/So-what-s-the-scoop-with-Robo...

January 23, 2008 6:20 PM

Bender said:
GWJax said: RoboQuad for me, You could alway add those features with a mod if you into that. GWJax
Thanx for your advice. I think I am actually gonna go for RQ. The Boa still looks like a proto-type to me. Anyways~  I have to say I am really into modding but I'm not good at it. So you know I really would like get some help here :) And I found this solar panel and am still thinkin if I could use it for something. Any good Ideas?

When you get you Quad and need help just let me know and i'll do what I can to help. If I were you I would start of with the LED mod first for the quad Roboseipian-mems8 really has a great article for this and I have a battery monitor article that includes adding a circuit to the Quad. You can free form the circuit or board it like I did.

What is you level of electronics and soldering? So myself and others in the community can help you make the mods you want at the ease of your experince in electronics. GWJax

GWJax, To Hack and make mods on robots is a life style and comes natural and not by choice. If a robot has a screw to open it then it must be opened!

January 23, 2008 6:44 PM

Thx y'all for those advices. They're already sellin them here in korea..
but they never let you try out before you buy..shame.

and Mr. GW I already saw the articels about the LED from Mr.Mem8 and your battery monitor.
I think those articles were really awsome and helpful. The LED mod is the one I'm gonna 
get my hands on as soon as the RQ arrives.

I dunno if I even got a elec. level..I'm quite familiar with the electronics on a computer
but actually never tried robots before..so this is gonna be a whole new exp. to me. 

Damn the expense

January 23, 2008 6:47 PM

Hey Blender make sure to check out my article coming this week on how to make RQ do the electric slide.

Keep the robotic dreams,
-BG
http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12811/Cool-Programs-To-Use-For-Roboquad-...

January 23, 2008 6:53 PM

Bender, Welcome to the robot community and we all will help you in any way we can. All you have to do is ask. I'm glade your doing mems8 first this is really a neat mod for extra color. And this will help you to become a good or even a great modder. Good luck and remember help is only a question away. GWJax

Ps also when Robo BG's article comes out, I'll have to try it.

January 26, 2008 1:03 PM

roboquad is the best option. and more funniest tha the roboboa

January 28, 2008 7:46 PM

Well, I have a Roboquad, want a Roboboa & an RSV2, and think their all really cool. But, its your choice.

January 28, 2008 7:56 PM

Robofan6 said: Well, I have a Roboquad, want a Roboboa & an RSV2, and think their all really cool. But, its your choice.
Bender Has already bough the Quad and very excited about it. I have the RSV2 but had to do a lot of rewiring on it because of bad wires. But I love it now. and the Quad is my fav. though. I leave all screws out of him but a few because he is my testing platform for enhancements. GWJax

January 30, 2008 8:21 PM

GWJax said:
Robofan6 said: Well, I have a Roboquad, want a Roboboa & an RSV2, and think their all really cool. But, its your choice.
Bender Has already bough the Quad and very excited about it. I have the RSV2 but had to do a lot of rewiring on it because of bad wires. But I love it now. and the Quad is my fav. though. I leave all screws out of him but a few because he is my testing platform for enhancements. GWJax
So your more of a "Robo-Surgeon", hu?

January 30, 2008 8:41 PM

Robo BG said:   Hey Blender make sure to check out my article coming this week on how to make RQ do the electric slide.

And you say i'm not serios...

jk

Roboquad is the best robot(no offence bander ;) )on the market.

http://www.lepythedino.com It's great to see everyone again!

January 31, 2008 5:51 PM

Robofan6 said:
GWJax said:
I guess If you want to call me that. LOL I just love to help people out including my self by enhancing the quad to my liking or to theirs. My quad has wires comming out of his head right now. I'm trying to bypass the IR RX to control it with a Basic Stamp2 but I may need the BS2sx for this because it has a faster response rate @ 0.8ms "or is it 0.08ms, I'll have to check this again" verses 1.0ms. GWJax

February 1, 2008 2:46 PM

GWJax said:
Robofan6 said:
GWJax said:
I guess If you want to call me that. LOL I just love to help people out including my self by enhancing the quad to my liking or to theirs. My quad has wires comming out of his head right now. I'm trying to bypass the IR RX to control it with a Basic Stamp2 but I may need the BS2sx for this because it has a faster response rate @ 0.8ms "or is it 0.08ms, I'll have to check this again" verses 1.0ms. GWJax
Say what??

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 29 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window