OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 5.18288E7
January 17, 2008 07:34 PM

Categories: General Robotics Robot Hacks and Mods Other WowWee Robots

Rating (8 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

GWJax

Here is the video everyone needs to see. The skinless Elvis:

Any and all comment welcomed. GWJax

GWJax, To Hack and make mods on robots is a life style and comes natural and not by choice. If a robot has a screw to open it then it must be opened!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 211-225 of 372 | Latest Comment | « Previous 113 14 15 16 17 1825 Next »

March 22, 2008 10:17 PM

OK I added more skin to the ear and did a little more painting, Next stpe is to really add the blood once the paint dries in about a day, Colors added are Green, Purple, Red, White,and more Black, In the photos the paint is still wet and will darken up quite a bit when dry. After the Blood the wig will be attached and cut and burned on the missing side of the head. Burnning the wig I'll be using a hot iron and not fire this would go up into flames, not good! so here is the photo at it's current stage.

GWJax, To Hack and make mods on robots is a life style and comes natural and not by choice. If a robot has a screw to open it then it must be opened!

March 22, 2008 10:37 PM

Now that looks much more like damaged flesh. Can't wait to see what it looks like after you have added the blood.

RoboGuide - Your guide to hacking all things WowWee

March 22, 2008 11:18 PM

Thanks Nocturnal! A funny story, my son of 15 came into the garage and saw it sitting on the box and he said that he nearly blanked his pants. He thinks I demented, but I thought he would have been used to all the gorrie stuff that I have done in the past with makeup but I guess I'm wrong. lol I'm planning to uses stage blood gel. once applied it must sit for days to dry and after that talcome power to set the rubber so it doesn't stick to anything. I'll be using a flesh color power for this so you don't get a ghost color as you would with white power.

March 23, 2008 1:16 AM

Looking really good GW, You have a way with those colors, Not an area that I'm good at.I may go the other way with the metalic look and exposed parts. we'll see.

People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Robotic madness http://robosapienv2-4mem8.page.tl/

March 23, 2008 1:22 AM

If you go with the exposed metalic and all parts showing then I'll show you how to blend the skin into the metal using mortisions wax along with rubber to secure it on.

March 23, 2008 1:29 AM

Great GW, I look forward to that. But at present I will concentrate on Wall-E as there is still quite a bit to do for both of us.

People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

March 23, 2008 1:32 AM

Only when you or some one else ask me how to do this step I'll share it with all. But until then it will  locked away in the brain. lol

March 23, 2008 10:04 AM

Mortician's wax, you say? I hadn't thought to ask my brother in-law, the Funeral Director, what tricks he has up his sleeve that might be useful for such projects.

He once leant me a take-out coffin for use in the annual Halloween decorations at my childhood home. He's a long time monster movie fan, too, and is usually eager to help with some of my darker endeavors.

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

March 23, 2008 12:01 PM

this stuff is great for scars, cutwounds, wrinkles, ect. It's great stuff if you can get you hands on it. There are only a few places that sell the real stuff. but if you can't find it just wait for halloween and yiu can pick up some of the really cheap morticians wax that walmart sells in a small open tub that is a pink wax like stuff for making scars, but its not even close to the real wax.

March 23, 2008 12:27 PM

Oh I just thught of somethig You can make your own by melting down beeswax and petrolium jelly :I think I misspelled that one", start at a 50/50 mix the more jelley the softer the wax and lighter the wax you'll have. To tint it just add food coloring to it, but be carfull with the color a little goes a loooong ways!

Theres a really cool video out there about how to make a mechanical mask, pupet style that every one should see for Ideas on making your own mask for robots the video is "The Art Of Special Make-Up- Effects Volume 3 by Michael Burnett Productions 1989" This video has helped me many times over along with a lot of other videos and books. You can find thhis video at www.monstermakers.com so check the site out you'll find a heap of stuff there including everything I'm using for the Elvinator. Arnold and his wife michelle ownes it and are very nice and helpfull so if you have any questions about what your doing just ask them and  they will always help you out or lead you in the right direction.

March 23, 2008 5:23 PM

I love that monster makers.com lots of neat stuff there. Stuff you don't see in NZ.

March 23, 2008 8:09 PM

only in the us are we that sick.lol but you have to love it.

March 23, 2008 9:04 PM

Gives a whole new meaning to "Don't be Cruel!" Haha. Looks so great GW!

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

March 24, 2008 12:07 AM

I will have to start looking for bits when Elvis comes, Can't be long now.

March 24, 2008 6:37 AM

one thing i'm going to try to do is attach an mp3 player to evinator

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 211-225 of 372 | Latest Comment | « Previous 113 14 15 16 17 1825 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window