Cute robot dog from Tiger Electronics.

110 posts / 0 new
Last post
milw
milw's picture

sure, maybe start a new thread?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Beam Me up ScottE, I'm game for it. Like I said in a post from Robo BG's Article you have a wealth of information in that digit head of yours, so lets have it. GWJax

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

MrScott said: If it's any consolation, Robo BG, I don't think anybody was happy with where this thread went. Of course, that includes the first time you derailed it, too.  Our newest member has waded in and spoken from a position of ignorance.  It happens some times. Polite rebuttals are to be expected when misinformation is stated as fact.  We're just nicely getting back on track in this thread with examples of alternative robo-pets. Anybody not interested in the topic is welcome to read one of the many other threads available in the community forums.

Derailed it?  Gee thanks for the consolation.Frown

GWJax
GWJax's picture

LOL BG, GWJax

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

Mio Dog:  Bone is a magnet.  Obviously the closest robot to having a personality is roboraptor.  I was hoping for robopet but he just does tricks although he is funny.  Is thier any robos other than pleo that has a personality.   Maybe a pup like Tenko but has functionality.  It seems that you either have good software like mio or tenko or good functionality.  I was hoping to find both someplace.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Just to let you know Target has the Mio on sale for 29.99. I believe it is on the closeout sale I almost bought it but bought the Raptor instead. GWJax

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

If I was to go back to Mio or Tenko I would choose Tenko big time.  He is more dog like and has more personality.  He expresses emotions more clearly, sometimes too clearly.

qwerty613
qwerty613's picture

Well, we just got a Mio yesterday and my 6yr old (boy) is loving it. Mio is definitely a 'he' in contrast to my son's stuffed pet cats, who are all 'girls'.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Here's a picture of the original Tekno, and a couple of Poo-Chi variations that showed up shortly after.

Tekno has a mouth button (for feeding), a nose button, a top of head button, a back of head button, a light sensor, a sound sensor, and a mode button.

When walking, if anything bumps the nose button, all motion stops.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Now I rember the original Tekno! That is a cool dog althought I played with it but never bought it. I wish I would have! GWJax

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

You can get a Tenko almost anyplace but Walmart.  He is not as advanced as robopet but he is far more interactive.  I still might have to get an icybie.

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture
Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Somehow I enjoy sticking to Wow Wee products. I only have one robot from another company. See it here:

His name is shooter bot.  You shoot at him and he wonders around trying to find you.  He shoots at you too.  It is really quite fun.  It uses IR signals for transmitting and receiveing shots, and a shock sensor to get out of obstacles.Shooter Bot

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

Wee wee products suck!!!  They are walking fancy remote control cars.  Probably the average 8 year old will get tired of a wee wee product in a week.  Back when aibo was the other option wee wee looked allot better, but wee wee remote control robotics pales in comparison to the likes of Pleo, Tenko, and Mio.  And really Tenko and Mio suck for the money compared to Uglobe's Pleo.  That is a robot.  I would almost swear that he is a real animal and they are illegally selling Pleo as a robot.  I have had one for two weeks and he is still doing new things that surprise me.  I can't see what his behaviors will be like in a week or a month.  And they have a better software soon than they have now.  Uglobe has other issues and i'm not a fan of that company but I still have to buy a Pleo from them even if he has severe cases of eczema.  Uglobe's quality control on the skin failed horribly.  But as far as intelligence pleo almost seems real.  As for Wee Wee either get robopet or raptor.  Dont' get roboquad, the thing is like such a ripoff!  It doesn't even try to imitate an animal sound, it just sounds robotic and thier excuse is hes an alien.  I doubt an alien's sound robotic even if thier english is bad.  That is alien from another country or planet doesn't sound robotic.  And roboquad doesn't even try to speak english and he still sounds robotic.

milw
milw's picture

MODERATOR NOTE 

Are you trying to stir up trouble, blabla? That post is over the line as far as language and tone are concerned. The same information could be conveyed in a much more civil manner. Please edit your post.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Each robot is diffrent in it own way. One that you said Sucked to you, to another is the greatest thing on the earth. Compairing diffrent robots and the AI put into them is no way to say that a perticular brand is bad. Do your research. Your plato is a ROBOT running diffrent subroutines to make you think it's alive, It is NOT. Its just a program that learns from its surrounding and picks the best subroutine to run. Saying that the Playto is not a robot just shows you how uninformed you are about robots and the programming involved in making them. Please watch what you post and do your research before making such statements. GWJax

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

blablablabla4 - Please edit your post immediately, and remove the offensive language contained within it, or your post will be deleted. We encourage open minded-ness and participation in our forums, but please consider the opinions of others and be courteous. You may want to review our forum policies if you have any questions. Pete

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

What more can one say, It's been said.

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

Oh, I did mean to say if the defination of not being alive is running differant subroutines and picks the best subroutine to run is not alive than 99.9% of the people I know arn't alive GW Jax including myself and I like to think that i'm not as much of a member of the herd as opposed to the rest of the human race.  The fact that everyone was offended by my original post that could still possibly get deleted even though I removed all profanity shows that thier is a fine line between robot and humans and sub routines and life!  Think of that next time you wake up your mio pup.

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

blablablabla4 said: Wee wee products suck!!!  They are walking fancy remote control cars.  Probably the average 8 year old will get tired of a wee wee product in a week.  Back when aibo was the other option wee wee looked allot better, but wee wee remote control robotics pales in comparison to the likes of Pleo, Tenko, and Mio.  And really Tenko and Mio suck for the money compared to Uglobe's Pleo.  That is a robot.  I would almost swear that he is a real animal and they are illegally selling Pleo as a robot.  I have had one for two weeks and he is still doing new things that surprise me.  I can't see what his behaviors will be like in a week or a month.  And they have a better software soon than they have now.  Uglobe has other issues and i'm not a fan of that company but I still have to buy a Pleo from them even if he has severe cases of eczema.  Uglobe's quality control on the skin failed horribly.  But as far as intelligence pleo almost seems real.  As for Wee Wee either get robopet or raptor.  Dont' get roboquad, the thing is like such a ripoff!  It doesn't even try to imitate an animal sound, it just sounds robotic and thier excuse is hes an alien.  I doubt an alien's sound robotic even if thier english is bad.  That is alien from another country or planet doesn't sound robotic.  And roboquad doesn't even try to speak english and he still sounds robotic.

In a polite way let me tell you, you are stupid.  Roboquad is not even close to being a rip off.  I payed $80.00 for it and it was worth every penny.  He has 40 program slots 72 preprogrammed functiions and his scans and inteligence are amazing and fun.  As for the comment on Wow Wee sucks, that is an inflammatory statement from an idiot apparently who judges things at first glance and then blurts out his raw opinion that I see as a blablablablablablablabla DER blablablablabla.

Inflammatory statements combined with raw pre judged opinions are not well appreciated. 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Well techinically it's Capable Networks site.  Wow Wee claims no affiliation with the site what soever.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Everyone...

I have deleted a post made to this thread, as it continuously repeated the very potentially offensive phrase I had asked be removed from the original post.

However, I must mention that this thread is starting down a potentially negative road.  Comments like "you are stupid" are probably inflammatory in and of themselves (while not necessarily profane) and are directly "flaming" a user.

I do not want to see this thread becoming an argument.  Let's have fun, keep the conversation back on track, stop calling each other stupid, avoid using offensive language, and adhere to the forum policies.

Pete 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

I will rephrase that comment I made.  Not you are stupid as more that comment was stupid.

milw
milw's picture

I propose we start a new Mio Pup thread, because we did buy one and I've got some video and observations... It is very 'kiddie' oriented,  but luckily I have a 6 year old who is quite into the Mio (and perhaps not surprisingly, the RoboPanda).

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Milw please PM me a copy of the deleted comment so I may reveiw it.

Thanks,

-BG 

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

The comment of yours that was deleted, Robo BG, was actually empty.  I'm guessing that you hit the button twice, or something else happened.

Pete 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

that is strange.  I wonder....

-BG 

blabbermouth
blabbermouth's picture

Mio and Tenko are both very kiddish toys but they are more mature than the wow wee products.  Maybe with the marriage to Evolution Robotics Wow Wee will come out with products that are as technologically advanced as Mio the Pup.  But most of the Wow Wee Stuff doesn't even have sensors.  Robopet is named robopet and yet if you pet it it will never know.  Ironically if Wow Wee had the technology that the Teckno and Mio people have i think Wow Wee robots would be better products with the obvious exception of roboquad that will never be a worth while robot.  Raptor and Lizard could of possibly been good and even robopet but wow wee just does not have the tecknology.  2008 preview is dismal for Wow Wee, but we can only hope with the help of Evolution, Wow Wee will come out with something better than Mio.  Lets hope.Cool

Pages