Cute robot dog from Tiger Electronics.

110 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

I agree with MrScott that it would be a shame to lose future discussions re: non-WowWee products.  I too would encourage you to ggo ahead and post whatever is on your mind, appropriately tagged (as this thread was).  That's our official policy.

Ken68
Ken68's picture

Ok, thanks.

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

Robo bs, I don' t know what your problem is with rating other robos seeing is this is not names wow wee community.  I just bought a robopet and I get the feeling that it will be going through a revolving door because I want one that interacts with it's owner and mio put does, tanko does, and I don' t think any robo animals do.  I still might have to get an i cybie because they respond with both remote and people.  Robopet has no touch censors apparently and mio pup does.  And mio pup replys when talked to. 

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

Ken 68 was actually censored.  His comment was deleted by a monitor.  If wow wee turns out to be the one censoring it I will never by a product again.  And I hope Robo Bs is not an employee of Wow Wee coming in pretending to be a member because that is even more creepy.  For those of us who are deciding what kind of robo pet to get I would like to compare all pets without some sites being little girlly girls and censoring comments about other companies.  And I will check this site later to see if my comment got censored.  If I was one of you other members I would watch to see if my comment gets censored.  And people thought we got past 1984 safely.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

*Sighs* Ken68 did NOT get censored. Had you actually looked before leaping off into a paranoid fantasy, you would have noticed a post by Ken68 immediately underneath the deleted one, that happens to have exactly the same date / time as the deleted post. The contents of the deleted post is most likely identical to the following post (as seems to happen occasionally), and so it was removed.

If this truely were a 1984esque environment, there would be no notice that a post had been deleted, and I would have "disapeered" long ago.

This site is run and operated by Capable Networks, not WowWee, and the moderators are volunteers not employed by either.

You should also notice that pretty much all of the moderators and administrators posted in this thread, either encouraging people to discuss or actually discussing non WowWee related things.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture

Nocturnal is correct, Ken68 did not get censored.  The post was a duplicate post.  We assure you that posts to our forums will not get censored or deleted arbitrarily.  However, we do ask that you stay within our forum policies, which you can read here.  

We really want to encourage respectful participation from everyone in the community.

Thanks!

Pete 

GWJax
GWJax's picture

I gave this a 5 dot rating. I think everyone should read this and see how things can get out of control with just one statement. In my opion, I think the mio pup is a great toy for the younger ones. I would buy it just for the eyes though to hack them into another woowee bot. Like side eyes for the RoboQuad. What a sight to see.LOL GWJax

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

To prove you guys wrong I got censored by a Peter Redmer for sarcasm over the girly girl thing.  Not to worry though, I probably won't prove you wrong because Big Brother Peter (see 1984 By George Orwell) will more than likely censor this comment as well.  I should of stopped participating in this forum as soon as I found out that it was owned by Wee Wee.  I'm not sure, but Tekno Pup is probably still the best.  I'll find out soon though.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

As I said, this forum is NOT owned by WowWee. As with all societies and forums, there are rules. Break the rules, and your posts will be deleted (see the link Peter provided above) and other bad things may happen. You did not prove us guys wrong, since your claim was that Ken68 was censored because he was engaging in non-wowwee related discussion, which is still, wrong.

I have read 1984, so I am familiar with the concepts.

If you don't like the rules, feel free to discuss them in an appropriate forum (I would suggest the feedback forum). If your not happy, and don't wish to engage in open (polite) discussion, by all means, go somewhere else. 

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Nocturnal: you certainly have a way with words.

milw
milw's picture

Thanks Nocturnal, well stated. Now perhaps this tempest in a teacup will settle down again.

To get this thread back on the rails, has anyone thought of hacking the Mio? They're not too expensive; there ought to be some good stuff inside there. 

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Its doesn't really have the potential hackability that I like. Without a remote, controlling it from a microcontroller is harder (unless you replace the entire brain).

I don't suppose it has a tilt sensors, and makes sad little noises if knocked over?

RobosapienV2-4mem8

Depends if it is an embedded system, No doubt it is, Always make it more difficult if it is.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

blablablabla4 said: To prove you guys wrong I got censored by a Peter Redmer for sarcasm over the girly girl thing.  Not to worry though, I probably won't prove you wrong because Big Brother Peter (see 1984 By George Orwell) will more than likely censor this comment as well.  I should of stopped participating in this forum as soon as I found out that it was owned by Wee Wee.  I'm not sure, but Tekno Pup is probably still the best.  I'll find out soon though.

I'm sorry but don't slam Peter for doing his job! If you got censored then you stepped over the line, This is YOUR fault and not Peters. Now on another note when you get the Tekno Pup, open up another thread and tell us what you find. Is it easy to hack like WooWee products? How much potential does it have with other bots. What are the best components inside the Pup, ect.  And once again this site is not owned by WooWee as from the other posts stated. GWJax

MrScott
MrScott's picture

This may have been the very first Pet Bot.

It was about on par with the current WowWee minis, or maybe a little more active.

It rolls, wiggles its feet, spins in circles, and yaps. 

blablablabla4
blablablabla4's picture

I never hacked a robot in my life.  Tenko I did return thinking that thier are better bots out thier, now I do like roboraptor more than I thought i would, but his behavior still seems way too programmed to be truely personality.  I have to admit though he has a great playful mode.  And it is great tug of war.  At first I was leary of putting my finger in his mouth cause i didn't want to get bit, but it is not much of a bite at all.  Real pup that are teething bites hurt allot more than that.  I was actually going to drop this forum, but I do want opinions on roboraptor.

milw
milw's picture

What vintage is SpotBot, MrScott?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

SpotBot is late 70's, I think.

RobosapienV2-4mem8

My, You do have some odd looking robots MrScott, Going back a few years I would say.

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Thats cool MrScott, I want one! GWJax

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

blablablabla4 said: Ken 68 was actually censored.  His comment was deleted by a monitor.  If wow wee turns out to be the one censoring it I will never by a product again.  And I hope Robo Bs is not an employee of Wow Wee coming in pretending to be a member because that is even more creepy.  For those of us who are deciding what kind of robo pet to get I would like to compare all pets without some sites being little girlly girls and censoring comments about other companies.  And I will check this site later to see if my comment got censored.  If I was one of you other members I would watch to see if my comment gets censored.  And people thought we got past 1984 safely.

I have one thing to say to your I am a Wow Wee spy comment.  Bogus.  Don't post junk like that on this site.  Everyone has a preference in Robots people.  End it at that.  I'm not happy with where this comment thread went.  Blablablabla I suggest you just stop talking since you don't seem to have anything nice to say to anyone.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

These days, the only spotbot  I can find on line are Bissell rug cleaners.

No brains in this little toy. Just a simple motor driving gears that rock the head, wiggle the legs and run the rubber wheel in the base. 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

Just an announcement I am taking longer to reply to posts now because there are a whole bunch I have submited in so it's hard to keep track.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

If it's any consolation, Robo BG, I don't think anybody was happy with where this thread went. Of course, that includes the first time you derailed it, too. 

Our newest member has waded in and spoken from a position of ignorance.  It happens some times. Polite rebuttals are to be expected when misinformation is stated as fact. 

We're just nicely getting back on track in this thread with examples of alternative robo-pets. Anybody not interested in the topic is welcome to read one of the many other threads available in the community forums.

milw
milw's picture

I'm going to try to get a Mio this weekend. Someone on Target.com reviewed it but gave bad marks to Hasbro because her kid lost the bone down the loo. Hasbro wouldn't replace the bone, and and apparently without it the Mio gets 'hungry' and has to be reset. I'm curious if the bone actuallly has an RFID tag in it, or if it is merely a magnet. Hey Ken68, do you know, or can you test with a small magnet?

GWJax
GWJax's picture

If it is a RFID tag, Parallax sells them and also you can read and program and reprogram them with numbers. The RFID is being used in laser copiers and laser printers and the tag is attached to the toner cartridge and the RFID generator or RFID RX/TX is inside the printer or copier. The color Kyocera C3225 has 4 of them. I had just went to school on this model and I am going to save all the empty toner cartridges as I can and then buy the RFID sensor from Parallex or wait until I have a board go bad on a machine. HP laser printer uses this as well on the color and black and white laser printers as well. On the toner cartridges you will find a 1 in by 1/2 in black tag just pull it off and you have your own tag. Now read it with the RFID board and get the code off it and then reprogram it as many times as you want. But I think the MIO Pup does not have this, its most likely  just a magnet as stated in the very first post by Ken68. Boy I got exicited because of all the thinks I could do with it. Sorry about that. LOL GWJax

milw
milw's picture

eh you're right, he did say 'magnetic bone' didn't he? Then that person shouldn't have been so upset about losing the bone, oh well.

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Anybody interested in some details of the older Teckno and PooChi electronic dogs?

My girls had them a few years back. They sit idle in a corner these days. 

Pages