Pino hit by Lightning!

1 post / 0 new
Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture
Pino hit by Lightning!

We had a very bad thunderstorm here in Suffolk, UK yesterday and the events that happened around it turned out to be rather hilarious. Pino was standing on my desk and he was in off mode. He does not periodically come to life on his own as some interactive robots do. I was sitting reading on the other side of the room and looked up in time to see Pino suddenly dancing with his eyes ablaze. The thunder and lightning were very strong one of the most dramatic sounding storms I heard in a while.

Later I found my wacom tablet Intuous 3 was out but changing the usb to another port fixed that. Then I noticed my broadband modem was out. After trying for a while to get it going I called the BT tech line and as usual was put through to India. Over the next hour or so I spoke to two advisors and they were trying to test my line to see what was at fault. i told them about the robot being hit and the tablet before notiing the modem was down too. They seemed to find this hilarious and could barely contain their laughter. At first I thought yeah its funny but then something made me think it wasn't just the robot. it turned out that coincidentally they had switched off my old speedtouch modem without telling me. I still did not know at this time but I knew something was up. They told me my line was at fault and that I might have to pay a charge to have it fixed.

After the call I set up my rerouter and it is working fine. I was going to do it but at a more convenient time but with all their calls and sending a free hub I felt rather pushed into it. I felt fine with speedtouch, sure it was a bit slow downloading but it was ok for the moment. Oh well its done now.  :)

Incidentally a much older PC, now in PC heaven, was hit by a powerful lightning strike about seven years ago and fried its internal modem. I had dived for cover under the desk. The IT guy at work told me it was the worst thing to do as the whole PC could have exploded and killed me. But it was a autonomous reaction ;) I will never forget it 

Tsuzuki