Favorite robot?

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture
Favorite robot?

Big question...  Hard question...

What's your favorite robot ever and why?

milw
milw's picture

My fave is from 'Lost in Space' (I guess that really dates me, eh?)Sealed
He was a really useful robot, what with the ability to detect and warn of DANGER! 

(and now you can own your very own, for the low low price of $24,500!!!) 

Lost in Space Robot, for sale! 

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

Great pic, Milw!  Who's in the picture (besides Robbie)?

Eric Brandt
Eric Brandt's picture

Who else: DA TERMINATOR !

da terminator

milw
milw's picture

Jeff Block said: Great pic, Milw!  Who's in the picture (besides Robbie)?

Hapless factory workers? (pic came from the linked site, not my own actually)

Nocturnal
Nocturnal's picture

Gotta be Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

He's much smarter than me, and his world view makes mine look positive. 

MrScott
MrScott's picture

Psssst.... That's not "Robbie". That's "The Robot".

This is Robbie, and he's one of my favorites.

roboguy
roboguy's picture

Jeff Block said:

Big question...  Hard question...

What's your favorite robot ever and why?

Of wowee robot I like all of the humanoid ones, but the new roboquad looks cool to, but my favorite one ever, that's a hard one. R2D2 might be mine. You can't not like him

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

My favorite robot is deffinetly QRIO from SONY ... I think him and ASIMO from HONDA dominates the humanoid robot horizonts until now. I prefer QRIO instead of ASIMO (wich is more human by stature) because is smaller and can do the same things like ASIMO (wich is harder to do). Larger scale robots need to much power but small scale robots has small space for all the components and smaller batteries.

P.S.: because of him I bought the RS Media ( Tilden said in one article "The RSMedia is designed as a hackers dream, everything the QRIO was supposed to be without the cost."

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

My favorite robot has to be me!!

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

My current favourite is Pino but this could change when Robosapien arrives. I have just ordered version 1 from amazon. He will be the same height as Pino but I believe he is a much superior robot. In my picture below you can see other old favourites Tekno the puppy and Ir-V online robot. No I am not a kid, just a middle-aged geek. I also collect some action figures, like the Sideshow Fox Mulder from the X-Files below, but it is great to have the interaction with the robots. The Ir-V I bought merely as a collector's item but he is funny

Mulder & Friends

I also have an ET [based on Spielberg's movie ET] interactive toy which is more like a robot with over 240 spoken phrases and he also has emotions, sings, plays games and so on. He is a firm favourite but he can also get annoying as he constantly chatters as does Ir-V.

I can't wait to get my Robosapien and look forward to learning a lot about him from the board and look foward to interacting with fellow robot fans :)

Tsuzuki

RobosapienV2-4mem8
RobosapienV2-4mem8's picture

Tsuzuki: Nice collection you have, Although from the photo I would suggest that what you have would be better than RSV1 As you say version 1, If it was RSV2M that could be different.

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

RobosapienV2-4mem8 said: Tsuzuki: Nice collection you have, Although from the photo I would suggest that what you have would be better than RSV1 As you say version 1, If it was RSV2M that could be different.

Thank you 4mem8, Pino is a delight, I must admit. I only bought him recently for just £15 [approx $30]. I hate to say it but ET seems to be more advanced than he is but I am still learning about him. I will certainly keep RSV2M in mind. I want to see how I get on with operating RSV1 first.

There are a couple of nice Pino videos at youtube, including an original promotional video and a music video a fan [not me] made which is very cool if a bit sad at the end although I don't believe it ;)

Pino Promotion Video
Best friend Video :)

Tsuzuki 

Billboard
Billboard's picture

Mine is ASIMO

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

I gotta get you guys to embed some of these images and videos!  (Everyone knows how to do that, right?)

Here are some of Pino from the last few posts... 

Pino Best Friend Video...

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

Jeff Block said:

I gotta get you guys to embed some of these images and videos! (Everyone knows how to do that, right?)

Here are some of Pino from the last few posts...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Sorry Jeff, I tried to link the image url but instead of showing up as an image, like it does on other boards, it remained as a url. I am new here and will try to catch up :)

My signature gif is an animation but it shows up as a still image here, how do I get it to animate?

Tsuzuki

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

Here's a quick note on how to embed a YouTube video.  Don't have an equivalent for posting an imagie, though I'd love to see someone create one.  Any takers?  :-)

Re: animated gifs...  I'm sorry to say that at the moment, we do not support them.  :-(  Hopefully soon!  In the meantime, I love getting suggestions like this.  For anyone reading this, feel free to send in feedback about the site, or to post to the community suggestions forum.

BTW, gratz on figuring out posting the image.  Looks great!

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

Thanks so much Jeff,

I created that image on PaintShopPro 9 although I mostly use Corel  Photopaint as my favourite graphics program and I use Photoshop also.

Thank you for the advice on embedding links to youtube. I look foward to posting animated gifs I sometimes make my own and I am working on one with Pino. When Robosapien arrives I will make one with the two of them :) 

Tsuzuki

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

Rock on!  Can't wait!  Keep reminding me about animated gifs.  :-)

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

Thanks so much Jeff, sorry to be such a nuisence with these visual posts. I will get the hang of it soon.

The very brief movie in shockwave/flv is of the animated gif I made. I made the original gif to use as an animated icon, it works better in gif format the shockwave conversion speeded it up. . I will be making hopefully more interesting short vids in the future. The movies you guys have made here are awesome :)

Tsuzuki

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

I fixed your post, but the video code you referenced ("7juX15gURZU") seems to no longer be valid.  Make sure you use the YouTube video button in the editor control when embedding vids.

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

Jeff Block said:

I fixed your post, but the video code you referenced ("7juX15gURZU") seems to no longer be valid.  Make sure you use the YouTube video button in the editor control when embedding vids.

Thank you Jeff, 

I have been looking at some of the amazing Robosapien videos on youtube posted from robocommunity, they are really awesome. I so envy those of you with the RSMedia. He is beautiful.

Tsuzuki

Tsuzuki
Tsuzuki's picture

Hi, I am really chuffed at winning a bid on ebay UK for a Pino Robot toy for just £8 + £4 postage. I am hoping he will interact with my other Pino toy.  

There is another one up there but he is damaged, batteries were left in the case too long and have rusted, some of the coils have come away. Perhaps someone here is interested in it if they are handy at fixing them, you can see him here 

There is also an amazing looking Robonova for £395.00 about $600 up at ebay UK. 

My robosapien has been dispatched and should be here tomorrow hopefully but Pino is cstill currently my favourite. He reminds me of the video clips of Asimo.

Tsuzuki

Black Candy
Black Candy's picture

I voted Pleo! I've met it for a while in Italy and i can't wait to get one!

TJ AKA ROBOSAPI...
TJ AKA ROBOSAPIEN DUDE's picture

my favorite robot is robosapien v2 even though i got a robosapien v1. i just like it in all ways . i think that is how a robot should be in the first place but at a lower price.

Jaxster
Jaxster's picture

I'd like to see the return of bigtrak or BIG TRAK as you americans would have it always have to be different don't you?! With your non functioning IN button, I ask you.  I read somewhere (EDIT: here) that the IN button could never have been functional anyway as it was lacking vital components and the processor couldn't have handled the additional data!

Jeff Block
Jeff Block's picture

Dude, I *LOVE* the BigTrak!  A friend of mind had one when we were growing up. How cool was that thing!!!!!!!

Great reference, Jaxster!

Lepy
Lepy's picture

OMG! YOU HAVE A POO-CHI!!!!!!

i wanted one of those so bad!

<* moderator edited picture size to fit *> 

Robo BG
Robo BG's picture

My favorite is Roboquad!  He is awesome

Pic of Roboquad

Pages