OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 3450650.0
May 31, 2007 09:29 AM

Categories: Other WowWee Robots

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Jeff Block

Administrator

Big question...  Hard question...

What's your favorite robot ever and why?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 43 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 Next »

June 6, 2007 9:05 AM

My fave is from 'Lost in Space' (I guess that really dates me, eh?)Sealed
He was a really useful robot, what with the ability to detect and warn of DANGER! 

(and now you can own your very own, for the low low price of $24,500!!!) 

Lost in Space Robot, for sale! 

June 6, 2007 10:10 AM

Great pic, Milw!  Who's in the picture (besides Robbie)?

June 6, 2007 12:01 PM

Who else: DA TERMINATOR !

da terminator

Dr. Susan Calvin: "To you, a robot is just a robot. But you haven't worked with them. You don't know them. They're a cleaner, better breed than we are."

June 6, 2007 12:20 PM

Jeff Block said: Great pic, Milw!  Who's in the picture (besides Robbie)?

Hapless factory workers? (pic came from the linked site, not my own actually)

June 6, 2007 1:33 PM

Gotta be Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

He's much smarter than me, and his world view makes mine look positive. 

RoboGuide - Your guide to hacking all things WowWee

June 7, 2007 6:37 PM

Psssst.... That's not "Robbie". That's "The Robot".

This is Robbie, and he's one of my favorites.

ScottE -- collecting and building robots for 40 years - details in profile

June 10, 2007 7:05 AM

Jeff Block said:

Big question...  Hard question...

What's your favorite robot ever and why?

Of wowee robot I like all of the humanoid ones, but the new roboquad looks cool to, but my favorite one ever, that's a hard one. R2D2 might be mine. You can't not like him

June 10, 2007 7:04 PM

Milw, there is a video coming soon that shows V2's and an RS Media constructing a full size Lost in Space Robot...under the watchful eye of mad scientist Bela Lugosi, done ala Ed Wood style

June 11, 2007 1:48 AM

My favorite robot is deffinetly QRIO from SONY ... I think him and ASIMO from HONDA dominates the humanoid robot horizonts until now. I prefer QRIO instead of ASIMO (wich is more human by stature) because is smaller and can do the same things like ASIMO (wich is harder to do). Larger scale robots need to much power but small scale robots has small space for all the components and smaller batteries.

P.S.: because of him I bought the RS Media ( Tilden said in one article "The RSMedia is designed as a hackers dream, everything the QRIO was supposed to be without the cost."

Horia Pernea
http://www.roboticage.eu

June 14, 2007 1:46 PM

My favorite robot has to be me!!

People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Robotic madness http://robosapienv2-4mem8.page.tl/

June 16, 2007 7:00 PM

My current favourite is Pino but this could change when Robosapien arrives. I have just ordered version 1 from amazon. He will be the same height as Pino but I believe he is a much superior robot. In my picture below you can see other old favourites Tekno the puppy and Ir-V online robot. No I am not a kid, just a middle-aged geek. I also collect some action figures, like the Sideshow Fox Mulder from the X-Files below, but it is great to have the interaction with the robots. The Ir-V I bought merely as a collector's item but he is funny

Mulder & Friends

I also have an ET [based on Spielberg's movie ET] interactive toy which is more like a robot with over 240 spoken phrases and he also has emotions, sings, plays games and so on. He is a firm favourite but he can also get annoying as he constantly chatters as does Ir-V.

I can't wait to get my Robosapien and look forward to learning a lot about him from the board and look foward to interacting with fellow robot fans :)

Tsuzuki

June 16, 2007 7:14 PM

Tsuzuki: Nice collection you have, Although from the photo I would suggest that what you have would be better than RSV1 As you say version 1, If it was RSV2M that could be different.

People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

Robotic madness http://robosapienv2-4mem8.page.tl/

June 16, 2007 7:37 PM

RobosapienV2-4mem8 said: Tsuzuki: Nice collection you have, Although from the photo I would suggest that what you have would be better than RSV1 As you say version 1, If it was RSV2M that could be different.

Thank you 4mem8, Pino is a delight, I must admit. I only bought him recently for just £15 [approx $30]. I hate to say it but ET seems to be more advanced than he is but I am still learning about him. I will certainly keep RSV2M in mind. I want to see how I get on with operating RSV1 first.

There are a couple of nice Pino videos at youtube, including an original promotional video and a music video a fan [not me] made which is very cool if a bit sad at the end although I don't believe it ;)

Pino Promotion Video
Best friend Video :)

Tsuzuki 

June 17, 2007 4:02 PM

Mine is ASIMO

June 18, 2007 1:12 PM

I gotta get you guys to embed some of these images and videos!  (Everyone knows how to do that, right?)

Here are some of Pino from the last few posts... 

Pino Best Friend Video...

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 43 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window