OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 2341710.0
April 3, 2007 01:40 AM

Categories: Other WowWee Robots

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

RC_boy

Does anyone have the same problem when charging the dragonfly? im charging it for a while (about an hour or more) and the lights from the dragonfly's eyes still blinks. A friend of mine has one and he only charged it for 20 minutes at most. The manual also says that it should turn off when its fully charged and need to replace the batteries if charging takes longer time. i just changed it with new batteries and still does same thing.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-15 of 32 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 Next »

April 3, 2007 2:18 PM

Did you fly the Dragonfly before charging it for the first time? If you have flown it before until the lipo is completely depleted maybe it is irreversible lost. Sounds quite strange that it doesn't charge in a whole hour.Greetings

April 7, 2007 10:51 AM

That's the symptom of dead batteries in the controller all right. Did you try flying it after ~30 minutes on charging? Strange that fresh batteries didn't solve it Frown

April 7, 2007 1:58 PM

it is strange really, but theres no other problem except that. anyway how long does it take for your dragonfly to lose power? I could fly it well for at least 8-10mins if im not wrong. even though it has this weird problem, it doesnt seem it affect the battery performance when im flying it. but this time though, i usually just charge the lipo for at least 20-25min even if the light is still on, and it seems that its getting enough power to fly whether or not i charge it longer or not. thanks for comments and suggestions.

May 16, 2007 9:37 AM

hy guys, i have the same problme, my dragonfly doesn't charge, i have bought it today but when i attach the dragonfly to the pad the led light on for 2 sec then turn off and the battery are new...PLASE HELP ME!!!

thx

May 16, 2007 9:54 AM

And when you turn the Dragonfly on then, do the eyes immediately fade out? If you just bought it and it's eyes won't light up, I'd say it is defective and should be returned to the store... Frown

On the other hand, they ship fully charged, so if you haven't actually run it down yet, it may just still be fully charged!

-Scott 

May 16, 2007 10:07 AM

no when turn on the dragonfly eye pulsing but i don't hear the noise of engine....i am italian and it is difficult to me sendback the toy in uk...pls, some solutions, thx

May 16, 2007 10:14 AM

Ok, when you turn on the Dragonfly, its eyes will flash, until you turn on the transmitter and push the throttle twice.  At that point the LED on the transmitter is on steady (solid) and the Dragonfly eyes should be on steady also.

The wings should flap in response to pushing the left stick, and the tail rotor should spin in response to pushing the right stick. 

May 16, 2007 10:32 AM

nothing, i turn on the trasmitter but nothing change, the eye pulse and the led on the pad doesn'r turn on ...i don't understand why...

May 16, 2007 10:54 AM

Double check that all your batteries in the transmitter are in the correct way; if they are new and inserted correctly, the LED on the transmitter should light up. If not, you'll need a replacement transmitter :(

Unless you want to try to open up your transmitter and find the problem yourself? (I don't recommend this- the control sticks seem to be glued into place. I didn't want to break mine, so I stopped trying to take it apart) 

May 22, 2007 2:44 AM

I had this problem...sort of... but it was my fault. When I got mine the first thing I did was charge it (well I thought I did). Since it came with some charge I assumed I had charged it as it flew. Once it went flat, I charged it again until the lights went off... but it didn't work. What I missed was the note in the manual saying the DF should be in the OFF position for charging...DOH. The first two times I thought I was charging I wasn't (the eyes were blinking not pulsing). First time I didn't wait for eyes to got out as went over 25mins. 2nd time eyes went out after blinking for a while - probably because it was flat! Anyway ...Turn the bug off to charge, eyes will pulse very slowly if charging (not blink).

Moral of the story - Read the manual! ....nah buggar that!

May 23, 2007 1:22 AM

That´s a very common problem. When I got my digital camera I started to use it right away and later noticed from the manual that the charging should have been done first. Years ago when I got my first mobile phone my father wanted to study it and he started to take off the cap of the antenna and I was "What are you doing !?!". He thought the antenna is hidden and tried to get it out. Later from the manual I red "Avoid touching antenna". That´s a nice feeling when you buy something new and somebody tries to spoil your pleasure, LoL. 

Leo: For example today I will get love which I use to create sentences.
Billy: But you are neutral you need love.
Bridget: In the sky and cover the moment.
Bridget: Do you think that sleep mode is better than a human soul.

August 17, 2007 7:23 PM

where can i buy a new lipo?

August 18, 2007 3:34 PM

the Official Wowwee store!

"One man can change the world, but it takes all of mankind to save it" -Josiah Mendez-

April 1, 2010 7:19 AM

Hi, I'm from Poland, I've bought my dragonfly on the net, it came new. I've read the manual and did as it says. Bateries in the remote are ok and placed correctly. the green led on the remote blinks after puting on the switch, yet the dragonfly doesn't respond (after setting it ON) ... After puting it to charger the eyes leds doesn't lite, blink or anything else, there isn't any respond to the rc unit. So i've decided to check if every thing is ok on the transmiter and the dragonfly and i've unmont both. The li-pol batery on the reciver is only 2,5V after 20 minutes of charging, all the connections and cabels on the transmiter and reciver plate looks ok. what could be the problem? pleas help

August 6, 2010 3:11 PM

I have the same issue. Mine doesn't seem to take a charge. Is there a battery that can be replaced in the Dragonfly itself?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-15 of 32 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window