OUR NETWORK:TechLore Explore3DTV MyOpenRouter MediaSmart home TiVoCommunity See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1511.43
March 16, 2007 06:32 PM
Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Geo

As you can see, this is my first post here, so I'm a bit nervous...

I have recently gotten into modding 'bots, and want a V2 so badly. However, money for a "base" is kinda tight, so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get one for cheap?

Also, I decided that making a BEAM robot would be good to start me out. I have the plans all figured out, but I was wondering, is BEAM discussion allowed here? I mean, Mark Tilden DID start BEAM... 

Discussion:    Comments 1-6 of 6 | Latest Comment

March 19, 2007 10:05 PM

Well, I guess no-one is against it!

March 19, 2007 11:29 PM

Of course you can talk about BEAM.  Go for it.  As for a cheap starting base, I don't know.  Maybe PM RobosapienV2-4mem8.  He recently put his V2 on a generic base

March 20, 2007 4:28 AM

*Laughs* I don't know that I would call 4mem8's base cheap.

RoboGuide - Your guide to hacking all things WowWee

March 20, 2007 8:44 AM

Nobody said anything about "cheap".  But he has experience I thought Geo might want to access.

March 20, 2007 6:44 PM

Okay, thanks comrades. lol Anyway, Shaggy, as I have dubbed it, is still in the visualization phase. Go to my user page on Wikipedia and look at the table to see how I plan to make him. It does need a bit of updating, however, so I'll go do that...

If you are wondering about the new name, I nicked it Shaggy due to the multiple touch sensors lining his body... I don't know if thats such a good idea though...

March 29, 2007 4:56 PM

Great news! A bit ambitious if you ask me, but still great!

I have totally remade my plans; the new turnout should be a BEAM blimp, possibly thefirst one constructed.

However, do to this overload of uniqueness, it will probably turn out horribly gimped, like a fancy ballon with a head and a robo-car on the bottom with propellers instead of wheels... I'll get my plans up soon.

EDIT: Here are some rough plans. Tell me if you see any problems.

[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/330a4v5.png[img]

Discussion:    Back to Top | Comments 1-6 of 6 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window