This is a hack to change the brightness/contrast of Rovio camera in a more wider range, so your Rovio camera will see more detail even in darkness.
Options regarding to night mode frame rate and AGC gain can be also adjusted to get better night mode performance.
This version is still based on HTML file posting hack URLs to the Rovio web server.
How to use?
1. Exact the zip file to your local disk.
3. Open your Rovio client to connect to your Rovio. Remember how the video is. Is it too dark?
4. Input your Rovio web server domain/IP/port in RovioBrighter.
5. Adjust the slidebar of "brightness" and "contrast". The video brightness/contrast will change at once and quick.
6. Alternatively, you can input the value from 0~1 mannually, then click the "Update" button. This should work for some browsers that not compatible with the slidebar function.
7. See the effect in your Rovio client or web. How is it? Is it much brighter and sharper?
8. Don't change the brightness via your Rovio client again. Or it will restore to the dark setting.
9. Use combination of following two options to get better performance in extra pool light:
a) Select night mode minimum frame rate from 1x to 1/8x normal rate, so as to get better night mode performance. The frame rate would get slower, however the image brightness would be better and no much noise increases.
b) Select AGC gain ceiling from 1x to 128x, the image would be lighter without reducing frame rate, however the image noise would increase as well.
Hope you enjoy it!
Special thanks to
1) RobosapienPet, who provided me the first step-by-step guideline of binary hacking for Rovio.
2) Chris75, who figured out the write_i2c debug command which enabling the update to be quick.
3) Reborn, who figured out the night mode frame rate setting for the camera chip.
|0||277||05/30 4:54AM by Gandalf|
|0||118||05/24 11:25PM by Gandalf|
|0||116||05/23 4:39AM by Gandalf|
|6||354||05/23 4:31AM by Gandalf|