Every now and then, a thread rolls by that describes what's needed to work on a particular problem.
I thought it might be nice to have a single thread to collect some common tool recommendations.
Things to consider when recommending your favorite tools
- Nice or Necessity - The right tool for the right job, unless you can make do with something else.
- Used For - (general purpose, circuit tracing, parts fabrication, etc)
- Required Training? (screwdrivers are easy, scopes need some knowledge, welders...?)
- Where to get them - (auto store, hardware store, electronics store, web order)
- Cost - (what it will take to get that new tool in your toolbox)